Focus Fanatics Forum banner

About to run my SVTF at the track what do you think i will run?

8K views 73 replies 29 participants last post by  rfinger 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I am about to run my SVTF on Sat at the track. I have a Procharger with the 8psi pulley (tuned by Hypnotic), ORP, FC TB, VF rear mount, Steeda STS, with 42lb injectors and motorcraft copper spark plugs. What does everyone think I will run? Later in the day I will be going to the dyno what does everyone think i will put down there?

#5 ·
hmmmm......to make an educated guess i would say about 19.2-19.5 and you're probably at around 100whp!

(i'm kidding)

idk i would say in the 13's somewhere, maybe high 12s? that's what i would think. make sure you post what you actually do saturday night or sunday

#6 ·
Hmmm tough to say really... What kind of tires do you have, and have you ran the strip before? I dont know what kind of HP you are putting down but I think 12's is a little difficult for sub 300 hp? I have no clue what the procharger @ 8psi does to the svt though so i dunno.

I would say low 13's though as my guess (slightly uneducated without more info but thats what it is! :) )

Best of luck to ya

#9 ·
I would probably warm them up then...generally I dont but if you plan on getting new tires relatively soon then just smoke them down a bit to get them warmed up (try turning the wheel to get the left tire to warm up to so your not peg-legging as bad at the start)

#12 ·
Based on the boosted Foci in my group here in AZ, I'd say that you'll probably be doing really well to get in the 13's. Don't want to bum you out, but the SVT (Getrag) is not an especially easy car to launch, and with stock conti's it'll be even harder to put to the ground even if you can hit the launch. My friend with a 250hp focus has run consistent mid-13's with drag radials. He has an MTX-75 which is a bit better for drags IMO. You should be mid to high 200's on HP though man which is super sweet. Me too later this year I hope.

#13 ·
I noticed you said you had the 8psi pulley on- what does the procharger kit come with usually? 8psi seems relatively low so just trying to figure out if thats what it came with or if it came with a lower 5-6psi pulley.

How much was your kit? I wouldnt mind putting a blower on eventually but cost is an issue for me.

#15 ·
it came with both but im using the 8lber right now until i get a flywheel, clutch, lsd, bigger injectors and a diablo mafia or a different maf

#25 ·
well the powerworks makes about 210hp and 200tq and does about a 14 sec quarter on a svt. Toms full kit can do a 13 flat but produces around 280hp with about matching tq so i am going to say you will do a 14.0-13.7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.