Focus Fanatics Forum banner

About to run my SVTF at the track what do you think i will run?

8K views 73 replies 29 participants last post by  rfinger 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I am about to run my SVTF on Sat at the track. I have a Procharger with the 8psi pulley (tuned by Hypnotic), ORP, FC TB, VF rear mount, Steeda STS, with 42lb injectors and motorcraft copper spark plugs. What does everyone think I will run? Later in the day I will be going to the dyno what does everyone think i will put down there?

#31 ·
u better get into 13s or else im crashin my svt into a tree :-D

#33 ·
I'd say 3. Dyno, yep, 3 there too. If you put blue sand in the ash tray, and a purple marble in under the floor mat (passenger side, of course) you will almost assuredly get 3.

There's a guy down the lane who can almost always get 3 but he's kind of weird and doesn't seem to bathe enough. Still he always gets 3.

Uncle Milton got 3 about 12 years or six weeks ago, something like that but he had orange sand in the ash tray and a blue marble under the cargo mat. The marble was sorta in the upper leftish.

My vote would be for 3.

#34 ·
gukin said:
I'd say 3. Dyno, yep, 3 there too. If you put blue sand in the ash tray, and a purple marble in under the floor mat (passenger side, of course) you will almost assuredly get 3.

There's a guy down the lane who can almost always get 3 but he's kind of weird and doesn't seem to bathe enough. Still he always gets 3.

Uncle Milton got 3 about 12 years or six weeks ago, something like that but he had orange sand in the ash tray and a blue marble under the cargo mat. The marble was sorta in the upper leftish.

My vote would be for 3.
lol but not all that helpful

#35 ·
I would say around 13.75. With street tires. But if you had slicks...... a 13.45. It is all about getting off the line. Traction is king at the track. You should be able to run high 13's. No problem I would say. Let us know.

#39 ·
bob11187 said:
well the powerworks makes about 210hp and 200tq and does about a 14 sec quarter on a svt. Toms full kit can do a 13 flat but produces around 280hp with about matching tq so i am going to say you will do a 14.0-13.7.
Ummmm, nope. JRSC BBK puts out close to those numbers on an SVT and Morewood ran a 13.81 at just under 105 mph with his JRSC BBK. The powerworks kit makes a solid 30 whp more than the JRSC BBK...

#41 ·
bob11187 said:
well the powerworks makes about 210hp and 200tq
Ummm, where'd you get such a low horsepower number for the Powerworks?

#42 ·
the reason i went with the 14.3 prediction was cuz i doubt u'd be able to put it down at the track with those conti's those things sucked even with the stock hp #'s.. on top of that if u do get into the 13's i'll be happy for u.. im very interested to see what this powerworks kit would put down but i'd rather go with a low time and suprise myself ya know.

#48 ·
with crap tires i don't think you'll get lower than 14 or 14.5 to tell you the truth. the procharger does make more peak power than the jrsc, but people underestimate the jrsc and overestimate the procharger constantly. the powerband created are tow totally separate entities that are going to yield different results regardless of peak numbers. take out your back seat, spare, jack and whatever other junk you got laying around in there that you don't need for 14 seconds or so. don't get me wrong, i would love either, but ive seen more than one dyno tuned bbk jrsc'd svt break into 13's and i've yet to see a vortech do it. i hope you can be the fist to show us what that beotch can do when you nab some good tires, etc because i'm really curious! good luck and save some of that clutch for later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.