Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FocusFest 2011 TX Caravan Thread

14K views 132 replies 24 participants last post by  captcomputer 
#1 ·

Okay guys ... Along with FocusRising coming up ... Let's start up a FocusFest Caravan thread as well. [thumb]

Let's pull TX together and create a huge drive up North ... twice for those of you also going to FocusRising.

We can show the FF members that TX keeps it Big.

Here is the info for FOCUSFEST 2011
from the FocusFest Thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249275

Focus Fanatics is very happy to announce that we're bringing the "Fest" to Bluegrass Raceway in Owingsville, KY for 2011.
Date: August 13th, 2011
674 Wells Road
Owingsville, KY 40360
Directions: Google
606-210-3814 OR 954-655-7787

Hotel Lodging:
Super 8 Hotel Morehead
602 Fraley Drive
Morehead, KY 40351
Directions: Google
Telephone: (606) 784-8882

$55.99 (Any Size Room)
(Mention FocusFest for Discounted Rates)

Official Events Schedule:
Friday - August 12th
Hotel Check In / Meet & Greet 06:00 PM to Midnight
Saturday - August 13th
1) Car Show Setup 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
2) Car Show Judging Begins 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
3) Pizza Lunch & Swap Meet 01:00 PM - 02:30 PM
4) Ford Focus Drag Racing 03:00 PM - 05:00 PM
5) SVT vs. ST Part III Race (Closely Modified)
6) Awards Ceremony & Prize Drawings 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
7) FocusFest Dinner Caravan - 06:00 PM (TBA)

Trophies:
1) Best of Show (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2) Best Modified
3) Best Show & Shine
4) Best Track Time (Naturally Aspirated)
5) Best Track Time (Forced Induction)
6) Winner SVT vs. ST Race

Registration Fees:
FREE! - Car Show Registration & Admission (Registration Starts April 1st, 2011)

$20.00 - (Goodie Bag with FF11 T-Shirt)
$20.00 - (Unlimited Drag Racing from 03:00 PM to Closed)

See less See more
#120 ·
If that happens ... will any of you guys have spare drivers?

I wouldn't mind giving the keys to someone who isn't driving to drive my car and give me a couple of hours of nap time.

-Ray-

#122 ·
Yeah ... I guess we will see what's up.

Just have someone give me a call when you guys wake up ... lol

-Ray-

#123 · (Edited)
dont forget Chris/the camera crew!!! haha

VoIcEs #15 (Houston)

Sorry for the late notice. Me and the lady get off work around 5 and should be hitting the road around 7 or 8 Friday night. I've only seen a few other posts on times for leaving. Looks like we'll be meeting everyone up there Saturday sometime.

#127 ·
dont forget Chris/the camera crew!!! haha

VoIcEs #15 (Houston)

Sorry for the late notice. Me and the lady get off work around 5 and should be hitting the road around 7 or 8 Friday night. I've only seen a few other posts on times for leaving. Looks like we'll be meeting everyone up there Saturday sometime.
Sweet. See you there.

#124 ·
Wish I could go everyone, not enough cash flow to make it sadly.

Be safe, have fun, and I expect a TON of pics Ray.

^_^

#125 · (Edited)
lol so i went to Tom's house today to pick up the rest of the stuff needed for this show.... got home met up with some of the austin crew to do some last minute fixes/installs had the car lights on while we were working and loading my car down (pretty full of goodies for the show) now my batter is dead.... lol FML and the reason this qualifies as an FML is because we did a battery relocation to my hatch in the spare tire well. which is not going to be accessible unless we pull half the crap out of the car..... i guess we can push start the damn thing. lol. Also forgot to mention that i had went to get my bottle filled for this trip and when i got home my brother wanted to show his friend the nitrous. since i hadnt mounted it back in the car yet he just opened the nozzle by hand. so we left to get some food and we came back.... the bottle was not closed all the way and a little more than half of the bottle slowly emptied out.... i hope i can find a shop there to fill it back up for me.

#129 ·
I am packed and stuck at work ... lol.

When I get out around 5, I will also hit the road and see you guys there.

I checked, I should be in Little Rock roughly around 2-3AM (Couple of gas stops) - 7hour trip with all of my Photo Gear and clothing. YAY!!!

-Ray-

#132 ·
Oh, I don't feel bad. It's all good. I am ready. This just gives me a chance to relax a bit before the drive. Plus, I won't be driving in the crazy heat. I will actually have the coolness of night fall ... as much as is available that is.

Have fun while I'm recovering from the latest heart procedure. May have another stint installed by the end of the day.
Garry, glad to hear you are getting checked up on. And things are moving to keep you healthy good sir.

Good luck with your next check up and surgery.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.