Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#20,406 ·
I didn't say too lol. It's a resonator to help quiet it down. Personally I would have left it like I'm leaving the one on the stock intake I got to replace the aftermarket one I have on my SVT. Which reminds me I need to take that thing off to sell it. I want my SVT almost completely stock. They only made like 14k of them and each day there are fewer and fewer ones left. The SVT is hard to improve on with aftermarket parts.

#20,408 ·
The SVT already has a pretty good exhaust as it is, not much to improve on unless you go 3". Most mods are just noise makers. The mods that can really make a difference and mainly these are in much better drive ability are the mounts, short throw shifter, and a tune (Highly recommended). HERE is a link to the SVT sticky threads, lots of useful information in these threads.

#20,417 ·
Wow you guys had an early early wee hours chit chat ... lol

And yes, as Paul stated, if you ever need some help, the Houston crew is usually up to lend a hand. All of us have begun to be focus experts ... lol Only because as a group we figure out new mechanical challenges.

[:)] Go Houston Go. Oh yea. [thumb]

Ray

#20,419 ·
TheRealDeeej - about timing belt, do you have a timing belt cover in place? I'm asking because you can have a look at timing belt and see how bad it is. With that being said, you shouldn't really judge it's condition by looking at it, BUT still a good thing to do so you have kind of a feel if it can hold up to next meet or it looks like it's gonna fail the next day.
The last SVT on which Paul worked was obviously on the brink of snapping, like I mean it really could be the very next time they started the engine.

And ya SVT is a great car... what would I do with all that garage space without it ? :p
like someone said it earlier, owning SVT is like having a baby - there is always something...

#20,420 ·
TheRealDeeej - about timing belt, do you have a timing belt cover in place? I'm asking because you can have a look at timing belt and see how bad it is. With that being said, you shouldn't really judge it's condition by looking at it, BUT still a good thing to do so you have kind of a feel if it can hold up to next meet or it looks like it's gonna fail the next day.
The last SVT on which Paul worked was obviously on the brink of snapping, like I mean it really could be the very next time they started the engine.

And ya SVT is a great car... what would I do with all that garage space without it ? :p
like someone said it earlier, owning SVT is like having a baby - there is always something...
that's just owning a car in general...I've had more issues with my dub than my ford haha [V]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.