Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#20,041 ·
Ha got my new muffler installed yesterday and now it sounds only reasonably loud. I wont feel like a jerk driving through my neighborhood at night when i take the Roush out. I dont take it work because of the "noise pollution" damn HOA. but now i might!

#20,042 ·
Question: Kicker DS68 or Kicker KS68? DS$80 for 4, KS 100ish for 4. I can swing either, but I want best sound I can get for roughly $100.

#20,043 ·
Ha got my new muffler installed yesterday and now it sounds only reasonably loud. I wont feel like a jerk driving through my neighborhood at night when i take the Roush out. I dont take it work because of the "noise pollution" damn HOA. but now i might!
damn, didn't think about HOA..
lol
they will hate that race exhaust i bet.. lol

#20,044 ·
damn, didn't think about HOA..
lol
they will hate that race exhaust i bet.. lol
LOL no i'm trying to make my car quieter. No Race Exhaust for me. My exhaust set up was 4-1 Race Header, gutted cat, resonator, then i tried 4-1 race header, resonator, resonator. So now im on 4-1 Race Header, Muffler, resonator. It sounds way better to me. I got tired of the noise warnings so i stopped driving it for a while. But now i think i should be fine.

#20,045 ·
I'll take all those load ass pipes :) That way they can yell at me for that along with running that [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g stop sign they put up for no reason.

#20,046 ·
LOL no i'm trying to make my car quieter. No Race Exhaust for me. My exhaust set up was 4-1 Race Header, gutted cat, resonator, then i tried 4-1 race header, resonator, resonator. So now im on 4-1 Race Header, Muffler, resonator. It sounds way better to me. I got tired of the noise warnings so i stopped driving it for a while. But now i think i should be fine.
sorry.. i meant the race exhaust I am getting hahaha..
me and my girl are house hunting and hadn't considered that.

i'm running orp and lunchbox delete now.
so i will be running orp, single muffler when i get it on the car.

yeah, you should be fine now. still sound nice and deep.. but not too loud

#20,048 ·
well,
the lunchbox...
i cut out out and welded in a piece of pipe.
done...

lol

but seriously, the resonator behind the rear driverside wheel.. its called a "lunchbox" and i got rid of it.

#20,049 ·
I understand what the lunchbox is :p I did that on my tibby. I wasn't sure if you personally welded it, or if u had someone else do it. and if you did something special since the exit is at an angle from the lunchbox inlet.

#20,051 ·

boredom set in one day...

and i took it to a muffler shop to weld and bend since i didn't have that equipment..
now i have a stick welder, but no bender.. and i still want a mig welder.

#20,052 ·
what rear is that? What's the cheapest option for a lunchbox delete? I was gunna do a Rice Pipe. but then figured at around ~80$ might as well save and buy FSWerks Race.

#20,053 ·
i, uh, have a svt rear...
since i have, uh, a svt
(with the center exit svt diffuser)

[hihi]

cheapest solution..
cut it out...
get a flexible exhaust pipe/hose
get a tip.
assemble

i don't recommend that route since the flexible part can rust out or have exhaust leaks.. but its the cheapest...
didn't cost much more to go to a shop and have them bend/weld that up for me.

#20,054 ·
i meant the rear grill looks ST-ish to me.
i've never heard of flexible exhaust pipe/hose.

#20,056 ·
yes.. orange springs... lol
Megan Racing Springs.. i freaking love them.

#20,060 ·
orange has actually always been my favorite color.. just love the way black looks with lime green.
i also have purple pulleys...
ac vents... odometer... cup holders...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.