Focus Fanatics Forum banner

If you could change one thing about your focus...

32K views 316 replies 126 participants last post by  Blindman31B 
#1 ·
What would it be?

For me - more power. Not ST level, but give me another 30 ponies.

What about you?

#288 ·
If I could change one thing, it would be to have the Winter Package.

My Focus SEL is that one option shy of exactly how I'd have ordered it, option-wise (it's also in Frosted Glass, which while I have come to quite like it, I wouldn't have bought one new that way):

SEL model.
Sunroof.
Cloth seats.
16" wheels & tires.
CD Player with MyFord & Sync, rather than MFT.

The one option that would have made it perfect is the winter package, so it would have heated seats. Why they didn't just build all of 'em that way for cold-weather markets is beyond me. My wife has a *base* 2009 Jetta and *it* had heated seats, standard!

#290 ·
I'll grant you it doesn't normally get quite as cold here as it does in Milwaukee, but yeah, it does get a titch nippy at times. I can't imagine trying to live in most of Canada... there's a good reason it's called the Great White North.

ETA: My Focus was originally sold in Oregon, which can definitely get colder than it does here in the Salt Lake Valley. All the more reason it should have had the Winter Package.

#294 ·
That's it for me. The current engine might be okay for me if I lived in Florida or Kansas, but we have some fairly steep elevation changes around here, and 146 lb/ft is seriously lacking. I think they should have a mid-level Focus, some where between the 2.0L and the ST. Maybe a 2.3L or 2.4L, naturally aspirated engine putting out 190-200 hp, and 180-190 lb/ft, and the six speed out of the ST. Maybe a N/A version of the 2.3 they're using in the new Mustang...

#297 ·
More torque below 3000 rpm. My 5 speed Titanium feels like its in a bucket of sand from a standstill. Low torque and economy style gearing and only 5 gears.

Maybe a 6 speed with shorter closer gears. The 1.6 L Ecoboost would actually be the best solution but that isn't happening.

Once its rolling its "adequate" compared to its class but its really a bot of a dog down low.

#300 ·
I really liked my Focus. The leather seats, the Frosted Glass color, the handling and wheels, heated seats..... I even liked the way the DCT worked! NO! REALLY! I liked the manual feel and shifting.
But, if there were one thing I would change, it would be to make it all electric. SO, That's what I did!

Good bye SEL,

Hello Electric!

What I lost in translation was the leather seats and the range. ( and the DCT), what I gained was the MFT w/ Nav. (and no DCT)

SEL with wood kit

Electric with the remnants of the wood kit

The FFE is a lot of fun, I have no regrets. The low end torque is great and I rarely ever use the interstate so that's where it's all about for me.

#307 ·
"Continuously variable fan speed rather than the 4 positions. There are times where I want 1.5 not 2."

I don't know if "continuously variable" is the correct term, but the dual zone climate control on the Titanium, goes a long way toward solving that problem inasmuch as the "auto" setting determines the fan speed when selecting the temperature.

Of course you can manually override if you want more or less fan speed from that chosen by the "auto" setting.

Having owned two SE's with the manual a/c, I've found that the dual zone climate control on the Ti is pretty much "set & forget" once you select the temp that is comfortable to you,.

#309 ·
exactly. They offer it as the zetec S focus in europe. bring that to the states!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.