Focus Fanatics Forum banner

If you could change one thing about your focus...

32K views 316 replies 126 participants last post by  Blindman31B 
#1 ·
What would it be?

For me - more power. Not ST level, but give me another 30 ponies.

What about you?

#4 ·
Less automatic dialback of music on the Sony 10 speaker system.

You can crank it when a quiet part is on, and it will play about 1 second as loud as you want, then it dials it back to save the speakers/your ears/whatever, and it's annoying as hell.

Otherwise, a bit more power would be lovely, but 30 extra horses in the NA cars would be outrunning a stock ST according to the ultra-scientific research I've been able to accomplish while only being pulled a car or two by any ST I've ever run into.

#7 ·
Less rake with the stock suspension, would look much better level. That will be fixed soon.

Oh yea I love and hate my tuxedo black. Looks mean but only when its clean. Which is usually whenever I have free time before school or work. [like]

#20 ·
Tilt adjustment for driver's seat cushion- it is tilted too ass low for me. I put some spacers under the rear rails so it is better. Paddle shifters for the DCT.

#22 · (Edited)
Just one thing? Sorry, can't do it. I really like my car but this is my list of things that I think should have been standard...

Either make the gearing taller in the 5 speed or make it a 6 speed
Bigger gas tank (it looks like they actually fixed this in the 2015s)

Should have been optional
HIDs
AWD

Make MFT actually awesome...
It needs to do Daylight Savings properly, needs AppLink and really needs to be able to pair to 2 phones at once.

#23 ·
Better DCT upshifts
Painted lowers
Exhaust looks cheap (5$ tip) and better a hole in the rear valance.
Door trims loooks cheap(cloth) I have leather seats
Lower price please...30K plus taxes is a lot of dinero
Slap some cloth trim on the trunk lid ...the bare wiring looks ridiculous

I did not buy the Titanium because this car was already 27K plus taxes a Titanium was pushing 30K which is too much for a Focus. Resale sucks I was offered 12K less than what I paid for 4 months 4000 after initial purchase date. I was supposed to trade in the Focus for the truck...... I was so insulted that decided to keep it....it's paying for itself with the gas that I'm saving. Ford please revise your prices.

I still love the car

#24 ·
3.5 ecoboost should be an option :)
Can't choose just one: 200 horse,awd, limited slip and about 500-750 pounds lighter.

#25 ·
As a ti owner first thing on the list for me is that dumb shifter for the DCT like WTF?

if you want manual buy a manual xO should have been paddel shifters but not to worry ill probably find some way to use the fusions steering wheel to convert it when i have the money too xD and just disconnect the one on the stick.

Other than that I don't have issues with anything else.

Oh but I have one with the design team not seeing the potential in this car could have been one of the next BIG sports sedans for the sedan models but w.e

#28 ·
Speaking of love/hate with tuxedo black, i already have a couple rock chips in the hood and some various swirls(lifht enough that i am there only person that would ever notice).

When it gets semi nice again i need to buy a DA polisher,some clay, and wax/sealer and detail it right.

#30 ·
Find a way to fix the front suspension rattles and interior rattles! So annoying

#32 ·
Ok so I listed my one wish and didn't want to double dip... But since you said it, I will echo this a million times over. The interior rattles are ridiculous. I know the focus is an "econo" car, but that's no excuse for the clear lack of refinement and quality control. Yes, I am legitimately pissed about this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.