Focus Fanatics Forum banner

If you could change one thing about your focus...

32K views 316 replies 126 participants last post by  Blindman31B 
#1 ·
What would it be?

For me - more power. Not ST level, but give me another 30 ponies.

What about you?

#37 ·
Interior rattles. It's annoying. I only notice it when the radio isn't cranked loud, which is not very often. But it just annoys me because this car is refined in so many other ways.

And maybe a bigger gas tank capacity..although my commute is no longer 70 miles a day, more like 20. If I had to drive a long distance daily it would be a bigger annoyance.

#39 ·
Sixth gear for the manual and better cup holders...oh yeah..I am old-school...a vent setting on the HVAC. All the power/handling issues could have been addressed if I bought an ST.

#40 ·
I know the thread only asked for 1 thing but just in case Ford is paying attention I would like to suggest a few improvements:
1. I also suggest a 6th gear for manual.
2. A decent automatic trans. (like the 6 speed in my 2014 Mazda 3). Actually this should be no 1.
3. Fix the rattles in the instrument cluster.
4. Better quality carpet (this stuff is cheap junk).
5. Stop making cars with crappy sound systems that are so difficult for the owners to upgrade with a good aftermarket system.
6. How about a plastic replacement for that flimsy felt cover under the engine.
[whip]
Don't get me wrong though, I love my 5 speed Focus! Could not have done better for under $16k.

#45 ·
If I could change one thing it would be that I would have bought a Civic to begin with!... lol ;)

I drive a stick daily along with many other people.... lots of stop n go driving with hills. Only women and children choose autotragic transmissions.

Yes I am just trolling..... don't get you're panties in a knot. i know how you guys can be a bit uptight about your beloved Fucus sometimes. so please don't take this too seriously. it is only an internet forum!

#46 ·
A 6th gear for the interstate commutes would be nice, but how about an easy way to get a second set of speaker wires into the door?

Ya makin runnin active hard to do. I have to wait until warranty is up to really mess around with my sound.

I wish it didn't have all-in-one headlight connectors so we can add a HID kit easy.

#47 ·
HID headlights, and about 20-30 more wheel HP and torque and it would be perfect. Maybe slightly better speaker on the 6 speaker system.

#49 ·
I dont think that is what he is implying. I kind of agree with xwhite3devilx to be honest. This is only the 4th car of i have ever owned in my life but it is the first automatic i have owned and i got to say i actually kind of like it. I will say for going fast i prefer a stick but when i'm just cruising from point A to point B on my daily drive having a auto is actually kind of nice. especialy sitting in traffic. I will never try and say auto's are better performance wise but i agree that they are better for DD. I didnt buy a Focus to go fast, my previous car was a mini cooper S and i gave that up to get the Focus. I just wanted a smooth comfortable ride and the focus gave me that.

#50 ·
This is the first manual I have owned, unfortunately. The first car I had access to was my dad's Ford Explorer Sport Trac, which was a manual. I loved driving it even if it was just a truck, because of the MT. I have owned two cars myself, a Cherokee and a 97 Acura 3.2TL which were both slushboxes. I hated driving them. I ride motorcycles, so I'm no stranger to manuals both in and out of traffic. I will never buy a car with an automatic again.

Like you I bought the Focus because it's a nice econobox, but having an autotragic makes driving insufferable for me, no matter what style of driving it is.

#56 ·
-An actual traction control cancel button... not cycling through on screen menus.

-Larger fuel tank - 46L is way too small for any distance driving.

-Change automatic gear ratios to lower revs at highway speeds. 2,750 revs at 120km/h is way too high. My Pontiac G6 with 6sp auto had 2,200 revs at 125km/h

#57 ·
I should have bought a manual only reason why I got automatic was in case of emergency I needed an automatic car that relatives can use when they come to town and for my friends to be able to drive my car. Also got it for resale value purposes as I dont tend to keep cars often and way more people are buying automatic. I've DD stick all my life. I'll get back to stick for my next car.

#66 ·

I should have bought a manual only reason why I got automatic was in case of emergency I needed an automatic car that relatives can use when they come to town and for my friends to be able to drive my car. Also got it for resale value purposes as I dont tend to keep cars often and way more people are buying automatic. I've DD stick all my life. I'll get back to stick for my next car.
That was also a big factor in buying a 5 speed for me. I didn't want my wife or relatives to be able to drive my car. My wife and I live with her parents, who used to take my old car everywhere, for hours at a time, without even asking first. There are 4 other cars here, but they chose mine, and didn't have the courtesy to ask first. I put a stop to that shit rather effectively [nono]

#63 ·
I didn't mean all dd's should be auto, like I said it depend on where you live and where you travel. We have a lot of family out on Long Island and some in Manhattan, there is no way in hell I would ever drive stick in the city or on the belt parkway. The NJ turnpike would be pretty bad too on some days. If you've used stick your whole life though and don't care go ahead, but that's just me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.