Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Excited!! First AX run EVER!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  thenorm 
#1 ·
Ill be running my first AX race tomorrow here in Central Florida. Im pretty excited, and nervous.. lol I hope i dont make a fool of myself trying to learn the course haha..

Im curious to see how The ol' ZX3 does against RSX Type S's, Camaros, Corvettes, and eclipse GSR's in my NS class lol..

Im Running Eibach springs and dampers, and Michelin Super sports 215/45/17, so well see...

Also anyone have give me an idea what my power might be? Im thinking 150-160 at the wheels With FSWerks race headers, stealth Exhaust, AEM RAM air.. and FSWerks 93 octane tune.. ? Oh yeah, 03' 2.0 Zetec

#2 ·
you'll have a blast.

make sure you walk the course as many times as you can (5 times wouldnt be too many). maybe follow a experienced driver to see where he walks, ask questions. if you club allows it, get ride alongs with other drivers. so you can have a "high speed course walk".
Autox is a very novice friendly course, even if you did make a fool of yourself, nobody would say it, because we ALL were that fool once in our race careers.

as for power, i would estimate 140whp or below. stock these thing have ~110whp. and i just cant see those mods giving a 30% bump in power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.