DCT Transmission annoyances and issues - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #71
drenfro
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118320
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Red

FF Reputation: 1 drenfro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update on my experience

Crystal gave me a case number said Regional Customer Service Rep would contact me. This is pure PR bull. No one ever contacted me. My local service manager called me this morning. Told me that they contacted him and nothing was going to be done about my car because there were no error codes.

Apparently FORD does not care about the safety of their customers. I feel this car is a danger to my life. I was almost T-boned because of this transmission problem. When there is added weight in the car the problem becomes much more severe and and sometimes the car fails to respond as it should.

I will never buy another FORD product again if this how they are going to treat me. I would strongly advise anyone reveiwing these posts who might be considering a FORD. DO NOT BUY ONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #72
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenfro View Post
Crystal gave me a case number said Regional Customer Service Rep would contact me. This is pure PR bull. No one ever contacted me. My local service manager called me this morning. Told me that they contacted him and nothing was going to be done about my car because there were no error codes.

Apparently FORD does not care about the safety of their customers. I feel this car is a danger to my life. I was almost T-boned because of this transmission problem. When there is added weight in the car the problem becomes much more severe and and sometimes the car fails to respond as it should.

I will never buy another FORD product again if this how they are going to treat me. I would strongly advise anyone reveiwing these posts who might be considering a FORD. DO NOT BUY ONE!
if you can not get satisfaction within the ford network, try googling the words lemon law focus transmission. There are quite a few states listed.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #73
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Has anyone had a custom tune done where the changes were made in the DCT that helps its shifting ? Would be interesting to find out of this is a calibration issue

I have tuned a few of the DCT now but not had one with the shudder or shifting issues to see if it helped

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #74
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenfro View Post
Crystal gave me a case number said Regional Customer Service Rep would contact me...
Hi drenfro,

Your customer service manager reached out to me this morning to let me know you'll be contacted today. If you ever have difficulty contacting someone, please reach out to me so I can help.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #75
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Drenfro,

I'm in the same boat. My csr never call when he says he's going to and he never returns my calls either. He's as useful as tits on a bull. Ford has me hanging for week now before I can get any answers on how they're going to fix things. for someone that paid alot of $$$$$ for a brand new product thats completely unsafe to drive and useless within 2 months is complete unacceptable. plain and simple Ford doesn't give a flying f about its customers. people need to start contacting lawyers and the media.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->