Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Haven't posted in a while - Sonic in the Mid America Ford Performance and Shelby Show

3K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  burninbright 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a warning....I like to post pics.

3rd year in a row that I have entered this show. This event and Jetfest are the only car shows that Sonic has been entered into.

My display this year:

Stand:

Hatch:

Sonic Driving:

Result?......

But......notice anything odd in this picture?

See any other Focuses parked next to mine? Yup, that's right....I was the only one in my class this year. Win by default. :(

Afterwards, with the car still clean after 18 hours of work on it, I parked for some decent pictures:

I love how this shot turned out:

Interior NICE and CLEAN:

Day shot of clean engine:

Lets get under the hood too:

Kiss my.....

Stock tip on with Lunchbox removed:

Lights and Build Number:

And now some of the other cars there:

New Elenor

DUDE....THAT CAR IS.....

New Shelby GT500 Convertible in Vista Blue

Race Prep XR4Ti

Shelby GT-H Prototype Signed by Shelby himself

Badass flame design on the side of a Mustang:

THE first GT350

Lots of Cobra Replicas:

Rest of Pics:
http://jason.hodges.cc/Mid America/thumbs_d/thumbs_p.html

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
ZX3_Chick said:
18 hours worth of cleaning? Wow.
Yeah, I do a thorough detail before this show every year. Everything gets touched. I even took off the wheels to clean all around those and also clean up the wheel wells.

I spent about 6 hours on the engine, 5 hours on the interior, and 7 hours on the exterior.

It would have been more if I needed to clay bar the car, but it was still smooth from the last time I clayed it.

#14 ·
cruzstyle said:
car and driver just did an artical on the gt500 compared to the vette and the vette spanked it they said the gt was way to heavy to do much
that article is a bunch of B.S. They said the Cobra will run 12.8 or a 12.9 I believe, which is horse crap. It is going to be a low 12 car STOCK. The vette is capable of high 11s stock, and they said it did like 12.7. They totally underrate the quarter mile times in those mags.

#18 ·
Nice job! [thumb]
I like the "presentation" with Sonic in the front seat, and the items in the hatch. [;)]

Couple questions:
1) What's with the hood prop (instead of the stocker)? I also see a Mustang using one (New Elenor).
2) Did you paint the underside of your hood, or was it already painted fully?
(I've got some nice green primer in the middle of mine. [mad])

#23 ·
WD40 said:

Couple questions:
1) What's with the hood prop (instead of the stocker)? I also see a Mustang using one (New Elenor).
2) Did you paint the underside of your hood, or was it already painted fully?
(I've got some nice green primer in the middle of mine. [mad])
1) I wanted my hood open but not so high that it would block the view inside the windshield where you couldn't see Sonic in the driver's seat, so I used that instead of the stock prop. The prop is simply half of my 1 1/2 ton jack handle. [:)]

2) Nope, my hood came fully painted. That's the reason I went ahead and removed the underhood insulation. It looks a LOT better like this.

#24 ·
kenpokid said:
that article is a bunch of B.S. They said the Cobra will run 12.8 or a 12.9 I believe, which is horse crap. It is going to be a low 12 car STOCK. The vette is capable of high 11s stock, and they said it did like 12.7. They totally underrate the quarter mile times in those mags.
this was not the z06. it was a regular c6 with the ls2 and 400hp, therefore mid 12s are about right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.