Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Helmets??????

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  WD40 
#1 ·
hi, well itz time for me to get a helmet for the comming autoX season/drag season, and i have a Q. now the drag srtip near me requires a m95 or newer helmet to run, Would a m2000, or 2005 helmet be fine for this then??? AutoX required a m2000 or better, so i'm just wondering since i've found a good deal on a helmet...

#2 ·
BUY A NEW HELMET.. Please do not buy a used helmet. They break in to the shape of your head.

That being said Try to get a 2005 helmet cert, as it will be legal longer for you. There is a tag inside the liner of the helmet with an approval rating on it. ANY helmet questions ask away, I sold helmets for 16 years!

#3 ·
the helmet i'm looking at is new...around 80.00 i think....supposed to be made of sumthing lighter and more impact resistant than fiberglass??--i'll have to find the page agian...
so M stands for motorcycle???, and the number afterwards stands for the year it is certified to???

#8 ·
I am not a big fan of whitney helmets, but I will admit to being REAL picky, I think you should find a local shop and go try on a few helmets and buy one you like that way, some cheap helmets just fit SOOO crappy. You don't have to break the bank to get a nice helmet, but 80 bucks for a snell??? Prolly not very well made.

#10 ·
if i were you i'd go with a HJC (brand) helmet....they are real reliable and well made....both my bro and i have them for us to wear when we ride our bikes...and they are M2000/2005 and also DOT approved, and you can get a nice one for around $130-140

#13 ·
lanting90 said:
AutoX required a m2000 or better
Actually, M95 is still good till 2010...
4.3.1 Helmets
Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while oncourse:
All helmets meeting the current or two immediately preceding Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M),
or SFIstandards 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A are acceptable.
Current standard is 2005, previous two are 2000 and 1995.

Regardless, if you get a new helmet, it'll be a newer rating than M95 anyway. [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.