Ebay M3 Power Mirror Review - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Post Ebay M3 Power Mirror Review

Ebay M3 Mirrors

So i got the mirrors pretty quickly. Didnt have much time lately so i had them sitting around for about a week before i installed them today.

First impression of the mirror was no surprise, they were just about what I expected. You could tell the quality of the materials used wasnt top knotch, but about what i expected if not a little more for only having to spend $35 shipped.

A few of us were looking at these a couple weeks ago and we were all wondering if they were universal. Well its a pretty good idea that these guys had. The mirror itself is universal, but it comes with a plastic mounting bracket that is vehicle specific. So you get 2 of the mirrors exactly as pictured, then 2 plastic mounting brackets that make the fit for your car.

Installation was a breeze. But heres the downsides...

A. The wiring for the motors is messed up. On the passenger mirror, down moves the mirror up and up moves the mirror down. Then on the driver side, wired the exact same way, Left and Right make the mirror move down and up, and down and up make it move left and right. I wasnt too concerned with it, but if you really wanted to im sure you could mismatch the wires to get them to move in the approriate direction.

B. The hole on the driver side mirror wasnt large enough for the bolt. So i would to screw the bolt in by hand with the mirror off the car, just to widen it enough to almost go in all the way. The mirror still fits snug, but after minutes of trying i couldnt get the bolt as tight as it could go, so the fit could be better.

C. Lastly, this was the most obvious thing i expected, the quality of the actual mirror itself could have been better. You would have to see in person to really know what i mean. Its not horrible by any means, but just could have been better. The passenger one is slightly warped close to the edge line of the mirror too.

I havent hooked up the blinkers yet because i needed to go get more wire. So ill take pix and post flaws with the blinkers in the next fewdays.

Overall though, im ok with spending $35 on them. I still would have been neutrally satisfied if i spent $50. BUT these are definately not going to be a permanent replacement for me. I will have different ones on by the summer i hope. So if anyone is looking for these as a keeper, i would say save your money, but if you needed replacements, then they are worth your time and $35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #2
Foci_Fosho
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Thanks for the review man.
I needed some reinforcement for my final decision, as driving with a crack down the passanger side should be considered a hazardous and might as well fall into murphey's law.

so do you have three wires for the signals, (bi-color leds) or just two?.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #3
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Thank you, for the detailed explanation. I haven't put mine on yet, snow and snow, anyway, I have to print this out.
Thanks.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
let me know if u have any probs with the install. its pretty straight forward though. you just need i think it was a t15 torx, a 10mm socket, phillips screwdriver, wire stripper, splices, and a secound pair of hands would help when mounting it but you can manage on your own.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
CKA
*~*

I bringing this up, someone asked about this.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #6
CKA
*~*

Ok, can you make this a stickie? Someone always asks about these.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
Happenedtoyou
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11169
What I Drive: 2007 Ford Focus ZX5 with SAP

FF Reputation: 1 Happenedtoyou Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually have a question about the wireing.. I have had these on my car for a while now and am getting around to hooking them up this weekend. I already sent through the cable, but got confused. I see that the front blinker has a orange and purble/blue wire.. non of which are negative... I called the dealer and he told me that there are no neutral or negative wires in the ford lights. So i only tapped into the orange wire and will send it to the mirror, but now what do i do with the BLACK (negative) wire that is sticking out of the mirror? Should I tap into the purple/blue wire in the light, or shall i just attach it to the metal door. This would mean there is only one wire going through the door into the mirrors. HOw do i know which wire I shall tap into. The orange or the blue/purple. I choose the orange but still have not tested if it works. Thanks guys!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
Iggmasta
Team Shocker #2

Fan#: 13150
What I Drive: 2000 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Iggmasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
thanks man I wish you posted sooner cause I saved up for DTM race mirrors when one of mine broke so I was driven around with a brokewn mirior for a month while saving up money lol. Its all good though thanks for the review.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #9
focuspzev
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11803
What I Drive: 04 black zx3 pzev

FF Reputation: 1 focuspzev Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i just got mine, and the backing plate does not fit my car.. im upset b/c i broke the orginal backing plate off one of the mirrors!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:29 AM   #10
CKA
*~*

^the triangle? It perfect on mine? I don't know. Who'd you get it from?

Bookmarks & Social Networks