SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune! - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #51
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
1:Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions
2:SCTII
3:Ummm, i pleade the 5th on this one
4:about 10 mins.
5:Great tune, this is one of the absolute best things ive done for the svt.
6:Wayne is very professional and actually a fun guy to be around, you cant go wrong with him.
7:Best description:perfect!

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #52
Crux
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21068
What I Drive: 2006 HD XL 1200

FF Reputation: 1 Crux Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1:Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions
2:SCT2
4:Roughly 24 hours
5:To be fair, my car was in the shop, so I haven't been in the car regularly. So take the review at face value. There are elements of the tune I adore. My car was a guinea pig for the traction control issue, which seems to have been resolved. The surging seems to have disapeared. I like the raised redline. Overall, the car seems to be 'smoother'. However, in terms of increased performance, it's hard for me to say whether or not there has been an increase. Perhaps the tune would have done more to 'knock my socks off' if I had more upgrades, like an intake or an ORP? The car is certainly more enjoyable to drive, but I'm not completely sold on the concept. Another day with it should solidify my position, one way or the other.
6:Wayne is a great guy. We met me at the shop and he walked me through the process. He is very professional and came well prepared. The first tune didn't work as planned, so he followed me to my house and we tried another tune, which seemed to correct the issues of the first attempt. Wayne is very accomodating and is more than willing to go the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction. You can not ask for more from any salesman.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:23 AM   #53
bluebisz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48
What I Drive: 04 Pitch Black SVT with Euro packag

FF Reputation: 1 bluebisz Good Standing Member
1. Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions (http://www.hypillauto.com/)
2. SCT XCAL2
3. I think 380 shipped
4. Almost 2 months
5. Excellent upgrade. Quick and simple install, did it at work in a quick break. For me the biggest improvement is how much the shifting is improved. It feels significantly smoother and in lower gears it pulls very steadily. As for more power, I definitely feel a little improvement in low gears, but would be hard to quantify.
6. Wayne was hard to get initially - took me a few tries to get him on the phone - but as I remember his wife just had a baby, so it was completely understandable ;) After I bought the XCAL2, he shipped it the next day and I got it in 2 days later. He really wanted to get it to me as fast as possible before I left for vacation even as I told him we probably won't take the SVT - we left the next morning after I got it. I was also surprised that a bonus T-Shirt was also included in the package, that was a nice touch. When I finally got to install it I had some questions to him, and I got replies to my e-mail questions on the same day. He was very helpful, I would definitely recommend to do business with him.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 PM   #54
2.0TooSlow
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27765
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 2.0TooSlow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
1. Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions (http://www.hypillauto.com)
2. SCT Xcal II
3. $379
4. About 1 month
5. I love it! Makes the car so much more fun to drive! I initiall had surging issues at 1500 and 1900 RPMs, but Wayne sent me out an update quickly and it was fixed. The rev limiter at 7600 is also cool. Car has alot more grunt down low now, and my recent clutch/flywheel will only aid in my tunes gains.
6. I had some problems getting ahold of Wayne initially. This was only because I was gone when he was available, and vice versa. Awesome customer service!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #55
Raziel510
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2098
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Raziel510 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
1. Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions (http://www.hypillauto.com)
2. SCT Xcal II
3. $380
4. About 2 Weeks
5. Great Product !!!Car drives 10x better....I have the same surge probs at 1500 and 1900 RPM's(goes down after a few secs), I need to ask Wayne for a update to fix the surge prob, I also got a whole assortment of parts to go along with the tune: HIA SRI, MSD coil pack/wires, 65mm TB, Homemade Ground wires. I installed all the other parts(except TB) before I installed the Tune so I felt the difference before and after the tune. Very easy to install just took out the two fuses and pushed some buttons and it does the rest.
6. Wayne , Great customer service.
7. I don't know if there are dyno's in my area, Ill have to do some searching I'm sure there are a few. But I hope to dyno in the future.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #56
zedeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17864
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF/1994 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 zedeater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
1. Wayne @ HYPNOTIC ILLUSIONS www.hypillauto.com
2. SCT Xcal1
3. $65 for reflashing (I sourced the hardware elsewhere-which ended up being a BIG mistake IMO)
4. Day and a half
5. The tune is great! Any surging is gone, car feels like it has more power in the low RPM range, haven't noticed as much flickering of dashlights, TC actually turns off now! This is the way is should have been.
6. Wayne was great to deal with, I ended up getting a locked flasher from a 3rd party, Wayne took car of all the arrangements of getting it wiped @ SCT and really looked after the details for me. He returned all emails the next day if not the same day, and had good communication over all. I would recommend him to anyone.
#3038 of 3985
SVT SQUAD #70
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #57
Moe-van1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Moe-van1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
1. Name WHO you got your tune from (website or contact information too, please)
2. List what flasher your tune came with
3. How much? (voluntary)
4. How long have you had the tune
5. Give a review of your tune (i.e. how easy was the install, first impressions, what differences do you notice in your car's performance and driveablility, *EDIT*was your car's T/C system altered)
6. Give a review of your tuner (i.e. how professional was he, available for questions, how fast was shipping)
7. Give links to dyno's, if you have them
1. Brown Brothers Ford SVT Dealer Wayne
2. Diablo Predator
3. $527cnd
4.march 21/06 few hours
5. So, far its not so bad the basic tune given is alright until I get my car back on the dyno with updated results... Low end power is a little better and the power across the band does feel smoother but, I'll need to drive more to be sure.
6. Our westcoast tuner from my dealer (Wayne) will be tuning my car and to my knowledge one of the best I've seen for fords on the westcoast
7. This is my baselines before the tune last year.. Come May 20th of this year I will update it with my results

Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #58
kona41
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 9714
What I Drive: 2002 sonic blue SVT 3 dr

FF Reputation: 1 kona41 Good Standing Member
1. Paul Mister, Steeda.ca In milton Ontario Canada
2. Came with SCT xcal2
4. I have had the tune on for about 6 months.
5. install was easy, took about 15 min for the map to load. Off the shot i noticed better throttel response, a huge difference in the mid range, smoother power delivery and smoother driving. My car is not equipped with traction control so there was no need to alter that system. My only complaint was a higher idel at start up untill engine temp rised. This ended up being a slight annoyance but didn't really matter when it all came down to it.

Paul was excellent. modified the tune to help me with the idel issue, and has been good to deal with for feed back and modifications of the tune.

The cars never been on a dyno, but i would love to do it.
I have no mods except for break upgrades, so nothing that would effect the tune.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #59
racer1735
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13782
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 racer1735 Good Standing Member
1. Tom from www.focus-power.com
2. Diablo Predator
3. $380 shipped
4. one week
5. The tune couldn't have been easier to install. I called Tom and he walked me through the smiple four-step prcess and said 'call me back if you have any problems'. First impressions are that the tune has rectified the obvious gliches in Ford's factory flash...no more surging between 2,500 and 3,000 rpms, excellent throttle response, more 'oomph' in the low and mid-range and excellent drivability across the rev band without the terrible lugging and stalling that was previously apparant from a standing start, especially with the A/C turned on. My only engine mod is an intake, so I wasn't expecting neck-snapping acceleration. This has definitely been a positive addition to the car...I would have done it sooner had I known how nice it was going to transform the character of the engine.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #60
rockthezx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
1.) Turbo Tom
2.) DiabloSport Predator
3.) $381
4.) 2 Days
5.) I was actually not sure of the tune at first cause I didnt feel any immediate differance. Then I took it out the next day, and the more I drove it, the more I felt the differance. And the gain is awesome. Launching is alot easier, low and mid-range power is good, and overall driveability is great. I cant really tell if my traction control is disabled because every time I try my clutch slips, so I'll post that part of the review after I get my new clutch. There's alot of cool other features about the tuner too, but I havent got to play with it yet so I'll review all that later on to. In short, this is the first mod I should have did to my car, and I think the price is pretty low, so it's the best bang for the buck you could get.
6.) Tom answered all my questions within 24 hours of messaging him, and was very helpful. I ordered it on a saturday night, and asked him if he could get it to me before the next weekend, and he did, which I think is pretty good considering tuesday was a holiday so there was no mail delivery or travel. So overall, A+ for professionalism and question answering, and A+ on shipping.
7.) No dynos yet, but hopefully soon.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2

Bookmarks & Social Networks