ne1 race v6 tiburon? - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #81
TwighlightBlueZx5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27198
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TwighlightBlueZx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
korean garbage lol, dont like them for v6's they are slow , spank even modded v6 tibsall night...and the 4 cyls are a joke.....
#529 of 1978
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #82
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I think the new ones look pretty mean, but ive heard they have weak 6cyl engines.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 03-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #83
rockthezx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT_BMXer
I think the new ones look pretty mean, but ive heard they have weak 6cyl engines.
You have heard correctly. And from what I hear, those transmissions have trouble getting alot of that power from the engine to the wheels.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2
Old 03-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #84
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by mconrada
My wife wanted me to inform you that Road and Track was also wrong here. The tib comes stock with 170 hp. They over rated it. So if they are wrong here they could and are wrong on the rest of their info.
They weren't able t launch the SVT right either so that makes sense...
Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #85
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Damn this is an old thread and it's been discussed before, I know I posted in those threads too. Yes I have raced a Tibby GT with a Jet chip, exhaust, and Injen CAI. Dusted him fairly well and we ran multiple times as it was a fellow that I worked for that had it. He was pissed but so goes life.

Anywho, I still think that the GT is an awesome performance bargain with an incredible amount of potential. I really do think I would have no problem with purchasing one. Of course I did spend the past year in Korea with the Tuscani's (same thing pretty much) and the stuff that they have for the cars aftermarket like turbos, body kits, etc. is mind blowing and I am envious to some degree. I have to admit that the single most outstanding car that I have ever seen with a body kit was a Tuscani with an insane black & red theme going on. Didn't have a camera that day but if I did you would all know exactly what I mean. There is also the video on the "internets" that clearly displays the power potential of the car in the form of an S/C Tibby pulling like a freight train on a tuned SRT-4

Tibby GT....that car is hella cool with me

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.