Spec Focus Series - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
ted7rns
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 6733
What I Drive: 2004 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ted7rns Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Spec Focus Series

Itís official. The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Spec Focus Series is here. After 18 months of work, testing, and going back-an-forth on the rules, they are finally finished and ready for release. I had submitted my drafted version of the rules to NASA on December 20th following our last test at Phoenix International Raceway and then NASA made their changes and now we have the finished product. We had 18 different versions of the rules before we came up with the final version that was okay by NASA, Ford Racing, Leo and myself. The Spec Focus rule only are specifically for the SF, All NASA series must follow the Club Codes and Regulations (CCR) as well.

I will be the National Director of the Series, and will over see all regions and work with the regions in the West. Leo Capaldi will be the Eastern Director and will work with regions in the East. If you have any question on the rules, go ahead ask Leo or myself. If you plan on building a car; all car numbers must be reserved through me. Right now only #32, #68 and #72 have been taken. My job (even though itís on going) with the rules are done, for now. I must move into the Marketing and PR part of being the directorÖ.and of course running the series as a whole.

I personally want to thank everyone who has help to get the series started. There were a lot of people that helped out. But, it goes without saying that people like, Leo Capaldi, Ricardo Vega, Andrew Gillis, Charles Fabros, Andy Slankard, John Lindsey, Ryan Flaherty, Thomas Okihisa, Gary Kole, The people from Ford Racing Performance Products, Gillis Motorsports, LC Racing, Toyo Tire, Multimatic and F2 Motorsports this series would not have gotten off the ground.

At this point weíll have to see how many cars will be made in the next few months. I do know Iíll have my car out at the Willow Springs Event on February 11th and 12th for a Non-Points race, and Iím sure Leo will have his car ready in the Mid-West Region. Also, there will be an Article in the next issue of Focus Fanatic about the Spec Focus Series and the event that took place at PIR. Iím also working on other magazines, newspapers and TV programs as well. Last November the Spec Focus was feature at the Motor Press Guide http://www.motorpressguild.org at Willow Springs, and many writers from Motor Trend, Road & Track, Car and Driver, Motorsport, and other got to drive our test car around at the Street of Willow and were very impressed how easy the race car was to drive, and love the idea of a Spec Focus Series. NASA was very pleased to hear that, which will make the Focus a great intro level racing series.

In the near future the Series Sponsors will be announced once we get each package signed and ready for release. The Series will also be released on the NASA website www.nasaproracing.com sometime today. Some of the sponsors we have lined up are Ford Racing Performance Products, F2 Focus, Toyo Tires and others.

I have setup a temporary site for the rules until they are posted on the NASA website. If you have any questions about the rules, please feel free to email me at ted@nasa-tt.com.

Spec Focus Rules (1/16/05) http://socal.nasa-tt.com/specfocusrules

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looks like a great, low cost series! Now if only NASA would make it's way into the midwest so that we could share in the fun...

Seems to me that a 2.3 Duratec base model ZX3 would be the best basis. Shouldn't be TERRIBLY difficult to find a shell, especially after the hurricanes...
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.