Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Is 'Car Modding' Worth It?
Yes (Worth it)..... 1,457 82.50%
No (Not Worth it)..... 309 17.50%
Voters: 1766. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #21
WNDCDN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27868
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 WNDCDN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why not!

If you are really into cars why not. I love cars and the more I mod it the better the car looks.

Most people don't care about modding their cars because first it costs a lot and secondly they don't care about mod, has long as the car runs, it fine with them. That's what I think!

I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3. When I bought it I love it but after seeing everyone with the same stock parts I hated it, so I decision to mod it, Rims/Wheels, taillights, headlights and more, and now I LOVE MY CAR, I love be different or try to be different from other Focus around here. I'm doing a project myself right now with the body kit, custom made, I thin knobody will have this body kit for a focus ZX3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #22
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
^^^ that's true, you do get that 'rare' thing happenning which is always nice for the most part. I've had a few people come up to me and say "Is that a focus?" and things like "wow that's looks alot better then a typical focus" and "Where did you get that car, I've never seen one like it before" even though it's just a bodykit and a couple other things.

There's always someone 'else' out there with a better car then yours so it's addictive to keep modding. I know the next car I get is going to have rims but only rims, all this loud exhaust, etc I'm old with. $500 for a 2-3HP gain is a bit lame.......
Old 10-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #23
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^^I agree on the poor performance to dollar ratio....but if you only make small changes to make it more fun to drive, and not trying to beat everything on the road...then you can focus on the looks and thats always good.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #24
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
well.. I voted no..
I always think about doing this and that... an while I plan to make it better over time, I will probably stay with basics and making sure that whatever needs replacing wil become better.

I think spending a little for a lip kit, a little chrome/decals etc. making sure you buy the best tires, good wheels and break when they need replacing is OK.. I would do it anyways. Maybe putting on the basics, like intake etc.. might be worth it as well..

but beyod that I say no..
if I had the money to waste, I would have bought C1 cars (mazda3 or volvo).. btut I couldn't afford them... now its pointless to spend thousands on a car that was a compromise (regardless of the fact that it is a dream to drive it is not a car I will be able to stick with for longer than 4-5 years... so it is not woth modding.

sorry for calling Focus a compromise, but honestly it was for me... I could not resist the Eployee pricing...

Igor
Old 10-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #25
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I'm not going to mod my car (well, not poor thousands of dollars into engine parts and interior/exterior modifications). If I want something faster, I'll buy something faster. And I cannot dog anyone for choosing modding as their hobby. If you have the money and really enjoy it, then more power to you (I don't have the money).

I like having a good looking car, but I'm a racer at heart. I can't see spending money on your car unless it's functional and there's value in it. But honestly, where do you spend most of your time when it involves your car? Behind the wheel. And to me, how the car drives is more important than numbers and looks. It's really all about communication with the car and yourself (for me at least), and out of the box, the Focus is a pretty intimate car. It lacks power and a good shifter, but the suspension and steering are excellent for stock.

When I'm driving down a nice bend, an on-ramp, or autocrossing, I'm not thinking about how my car looks, the warranty getting voided, or how much I'm shortening the life of my car. I'm only thinking about how much fun I'm having and every time I get out of my car after something like that, I always turn around and look at it to say, "Gah, I love my car." Basically every time. Strangely, it puts a smile on my face, and my monthly payment and the hours I spent working to pay it suddenly seem worth every penny and minute.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Last edited by Oni; 10-06-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #26
Gachi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26838
What I Drive: 03 ZX5 Focus / 96 GMC Jimmy

FF Reputation: 1 Gachi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I dislike stock cars. I need sound coming from them better than the stock can give, I like the joy of having a hot ride with great performance, but once I start my Law Enforcement career and get more money, I plan on purchasing an old SS Camaro or 69 Mustang and restoring it, then if it's worth it, either dragging it, or selling it for a profit (if possible).
Old 10-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #27
Cloud 9 ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25609
What I Drive: 2003 Cloud 9 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Cloud 9 ZX3 Good Standing Member
Reading all these posts has made me really depressed, it makes me not want to mod my car anymore...
ZETEC Crew #71
Old 10-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #28
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
depends, if you really really like your focus, and dont see yourself getting another car....mod away, but if you dont plan on keeping your focus for more then 5 years, i wouldnt get to heavly into it, unless you have the money to throw around, even then you could just get a better car with that money. I mean alittle things like nice rims, and tints maybe a few performance mods to give it alittle bit more kick doesnt hurt much, but when you start dumping in thousands, then it gets alittle different.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #29
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
I say YES.
Why?
Because you make the car into your own style, your personality. It's differrent from other cars.
I'll even go insane until finally I think my car is done.
I love doing it, even started on the Explorer, mom's Focus and well didn't on the CRX, because that thing.............it needs more than modding, let's just say that.
Anyway I love it. I don't think people should worry about people that do it, because 1 it's not your money or time. So don't worry about it.
Plus, look what they spend money on, TV's, golf, jewelry, plastic surgery, tanning, hair, clothes, shoes.............so yeah they mod their kitchens, golf collections, bodies or whatever anyway that is all.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #30
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
^^^true, some of those things are the same, but stuff like kitchens etc, is worth modding, b/c that increases the price of your house....modding a car, doesnt, unless you replace stock parts with new stock parts, like if the enginge has 100k+ miles on it and u put a new one in there im sure that will increase the value.

Bookmarks & Social Networks