Start autocross - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-19-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
PLracing
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1874
What I Drive: 2009 WRX

FF Reputation: 1 PLracing Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Start autocross

I live in northern virginia just south of DC and I want to get into autocross racing. how do I get started and what do I need? I got a 2001 zx3 cai, custom cat-back, fs pully, ford racing plug wires, fs header, H&R cup kit, short shifter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
There are 2 clubs in your area that I know of.

WDC: http://solo.wdcr-scca.org/
VMSC: http://www.vmsc.org/

I'm a member of VMSC. Its a nice friendly club with pleanty of competition if you need it. Our venues are about 1hr to 1.5 hrs from Fredericksburg. Its a little further, but you might like the atmosphere better. I've never been to one of the WDC meets, but they should be closer. If you go to their events, make sure that its open to public, since some of their events are a SCCA members only event.

For instance, if you came out to a meet with VMSC, you would pay 20 dollars, we can lend you a helmet, and your car would be classes STS-N (N being novice). That way, you are competing against all the other new members too. Later, if you like, you could always get your own helmet so you don't have to borrow a club one.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:54 PM   #3
blackzx3_13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2645
What I Drive: 2003 black ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 1 blackzx3_13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just started in auto-X, and I just want to say that you should love it. Not only did I meet plenty of new friends, I got to see some sweet cars. The Focus is a good car to race too. The handling is balenced, and your H&R kit should only enhance that. Good luck, and keep us in touch on how you do.

Bookmarks & Social Networks