SYNC System Thread - Page 44 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #431
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I was hoping it was a software issue Rebecca. I see it is probably a hardware problem. So once I have time I will go to the dealer.
I never made it to the dealer ... it just got better before my appointment for no reason at all. So I wont look a gift horse int he mouth ... and just be happy it works.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #432
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Sounds good to me. Let me know if it happens again. :)

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #433
Clump
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119097
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE 5 door

Points 272, Level 5
Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Clump Good Standing Member
My Focus didn't last too long, just under 1 year. I ended up with a "can't pass it up" offer on a loaded '14 Fusion and took it. The Fusion has MFT, the Focus had Sync, without MFT.

Using a 64 GB flash drive with about 8,000 tracks in the Focus Sync could not do voice commands for individual tracks. Cutting it back to a 32 GB drive with about 4,000 tracks it worked fine. MFT in the Fusion ate the 64 GB drive without a hiccup.

I have no idea if the difference is MFT, 14 vs 13, or both, but wanted to share the update.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #434
focus14se
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 179217
What I Drive: '14 RubyRed Metallic SE Sed. Manual

Points 68, Level 1
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 focus14se Good Standing Member
Any rumors of the SYNC system working with iOS 8 (Yosemite) and text messaging? Very bummed this doesn't work.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #435
DBeistel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 186401
What I Drive: 2013, Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DBeistel Good Standing Member
I have read the whole of this Forum on the Sync, and the MFT. I am confused on one point. I took a hard drive out of a laptop put it in a USB case and plugged it in to the car. I titled the drive Sweetie to keep with the theme of my car which is Doctor Who. This Hard drive is formatted exFAT, because all of my media is on my MacMini. The car recognizes the Drive just fine. I get away with asking Sweetie to do things for me and I get a laugh out of it. Admittedly it can take up to 20 min to index my drive. I have 2 TB of music on my home server, and about 300 GB of Audio books. Yeah it is all legit; grant you I can't listen to all of it. The hard drive in the car holds 320 GB I keep about 90% full. I have long commutes and my wife and I take long roads trips. XMS gets boring with the repeats after 24 hours on the road.
Anyway, my question or point is the only issue I have with this setup is when I remove the drive to update the content I end up with tracks being duplicated that I didn't remove or add. I have new tracks not able to be accessed for days, and I have books show up but then when I go to listen to them the listing in the browser window goes blank with the same number of lines to touch but the file is not Accessible.
The only two ways I have been able to fix this is one hard factory reset on the selection screen for system setup. This is a pain because I have to put all the settings I like back, and it is hard to do while driving down the road at 75MPH. Or Remove all of the content of the drive, the put one file I don't want back on the drive have the system re-index the drive, then place it all back on the drive the way I wanted it in the first place and have it re-index and things are fine until the next time I want to replace or add music or books.
I have been known to take the Mini on the trip with us and change books that have been finished out for new ones. This is a real issue for me, it can be very frustrating.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #436
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Your indexing time doesn't seem that bad. I keep about 70GB of music on my iPod and that takes about 8-9 minutes so yours seems in line.

You mentioned MFT in your post so I am not sure if you have Sync, Sync/MyFord, or MFT. If you have MFT there is an option in settings to manually initiate a re-index of your media device. Forget where it is but if you dig around in settings you should be able to find it.

As far as master resets I don't like them personally because exactly as you said they wipe your saved info. It is a pain. I also find that they don't generally accomplish much (but seemed to work for your issue). Another alternative is to reboot the system. Ford does not provide a way to do this (which is a shame because reboots seem to accomplish much more) but there is a little app out there that you could use called the delayed reboot. You throw it on usb drive, pop the drive in, it installs the app, and next time the car is shut down it will reboot MFT. Reboots do not wipe saved info but your media device will have to re-index after.

If you have MFT and are interested it is here:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html
Old 09-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #437
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

Points 758, Level 14
Points: 758, Level: 14 Points: 758, Level: 14 Points: 758, Level: 14
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Well, for me everything was fine until this week. I updated my Nokia N920 to win 8.1 (was on 8.0) Before the upgrade I had no complaints - always connected when I got into the Focus, texts came thru and I could reply.

No more - flaky connection to the Focus now, and when connected I don't get the texts now :(

Anyone else hit this on Win 8.1?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #438
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hi Woggy64,

I checked our compatibility chart for SYNC and MyFord Touch, and I show that this phone is not compatible with the texting feature. Since you stated it worked before you updated it, please try deleting your phone from SYNC and SYNC from your phone, then re-pair them. Here are the instructions:

SYNC (Tip #3) - http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...eshooting-sync

MyFord Touch (Tip #3) - http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #439
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Points 758, Level 14
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi Woggy64,

I checked our compatibility chart for SYNC and MyFord Touch, and I show that this phone is not compatible with the texting feature. Since you stated it worked before you updated it, please try deleting your phone from SYNC and SYNC from your phone, then re-pair them. Here are the instructions:

SYNC (Tip #3) - http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...eshooting-sync

MyFord Touch (Tip #3) - http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Rebecca
Well, this is all Windows 8.1 related. I was in our other car, and it no longer works in that car as well.

But the Nokia Lumia N920 worked well in the Focus (and the Mercedes) - until Windows 8.1 upgrade. So, Microsoft strikes again
Old 09-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #440
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Points 758, Level 14
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
And while looking at the compatibility list on the Sync page - I find it strange that Sync has no Nokia Windows phones that support the SMS Text Messaging feature.

Really? One would think that a company that Microsoft was in bed with and later purchase, would make devices that worked on a system that has a Microsoft badge on it on the console.

I know, my N920 worked fine for the text feature with Windows 8.0 in both the Ford and the Benz, and now after the 8.1 upgrade neither work.

Nobody say iPhone - because that never worked (and never would, according to the folks at Apple).

Back to Android?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.