Massive Ported Cylinder head vs Ohio E-Check - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #31
daspazzZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 133961
What I Drive: 02 ZX3 chcl gry - Dakota-PatE02 5sp

FF Reputation: 2 daspazzZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
LOL!!!! You are right, driver does have a lot to do with it!

But without forced induction you wont get that close to your goal!!!!

Pirela, use the "quote" button and it will copy the text in for you....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #32
GhostTribute
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107929
What I Drive: 2001 Mazda Tribute (2.0L Zetec)

FF Reputation: 1 GhostTribute Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirela View Post
Hopes up!!! Seriously? Is no the car or the HP is the driver!!! You are Hondero?
Hondaro??

Yes I own a Honda Accord, Mazda 3 Sport, Mazda Tribute and a Grand Am V6. the Honda pulls harder and has made more power with less effort than all the rest. With the exclusion of the 2014 Mazda 3 Sport..... i haven't had a chance to start toying with it yet. I'm sure it will probably respond well to the right mods.

I like the new skyactiv engine and it's direct injection with smart ECU. it could probably easily pull on my Accord. I like how it knows the difference between 91 or 93/94 octane fuel. After a fill up and driving few km the range jumps from 635km to 731km based on fuel alone.... I should post that in that old "what fuel do you use" thread.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #33
Pirela
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96649
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Pirela Good Standing Member
Ha,ha,ha,ha Accord nice car for chili in move to point A to point B beautiful car but no for Race. Grand Am V6 it is a lemon!!! Tell me about GTO,G8 that is pontiac. Mazda is Ford!!! Nice because is Turbo but no problem Focus ST is here now available U.S. Lol!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #34
GhostTribute
Focus Enthusiast

Well it's funny that you say Mazda is ford. I do have a Ford ZETEC engine in my Mazda. However according to your forum guru's, the only engines in your Focii that make power are Mazda designs, assembled by Ford in Mexico. The new focii will not be getting the Skyactiv technology any time soon. They will be stuck with the Mazda Duratec design and a sleepy echo boost option.

The Fi ST focus is really a money grab joke by Ford aimed at rich college kids or old men who can't afford a real turbo car...... For some reason they are still comparing them to sub 2.0L N/A cars???? They aren't even in the same class. They are a nice cheap car for the power you get, but if I'm going turbo it's going to be RWD not FWD.... waste of time and money for power. Ask the 4 cylinder Civic guys who have been putting 400+whp to the ground for the past 20 years.

as far as the Accord not being for racing..... Google JTCC JACCS or Castrol Accords.... They won the championship with a 96 Accord in that series. Same car that I am building for racing.

our Grand Am V6 is anything but a lemon. We have owned it for 10 years and only had to do basic maintenance..... It has more than paid for itself. Considering that it has been paid for for the past 6 years... Not bad having a reliable car that costs you nothing but regular maintenance and fuel each year.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #35
Pirela
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Hahahahaha!!! This is Focus Fanatics!!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #36
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTribute View Post
Well it's funny that you say Mazda is ford. I do have a Ford ZETEC engine in my Mazda. However according to your forum guru's, the only engines in your Focii that make power are Mazda designs, assembled by Ford in Mexico. The new focii will not be getting the Skyactiv technology any time soon. They will be stuck with the Mazda Duratec design and a sleepy echo boost option.

The Fi ST focus is really a money grab joke by Ford aimed at rich college kids or old men who can't afford a real turbo car...... For some reason they are still comparing them to sub 2.0L N/A cars???? They aren't even in the same class. They are a nice cheap car for the power you get, but if I'm going turbo it's going to be RWD not FWD.... waste of time and money for power. Ask the 4 cylinder Civic guys who have been putting 400+whp to the ground for the past 20 years.

as far as the Accord not being for racing..... Google JTCC JACCS or Castrol Accords.... They won the championship with a 96 Accord in that series. Same car that I am building for racing.

our Grand Am V6 is anything but a lemon. We have owned it for 10 years and only had to do basic maintenance..... It has more than paid for itself. Considering that it has been paid for for the past 6 years... Not bad having a reliable car that costs you nothing but regular maintenance and fuel each year.
Hey, isn't the '96 Accord the most stolen car in North America? No wonder Honda parts are so affordable LOLz It is hard to steal a Focus.

O Canada so funny.

(Disclaimer, My roommate and buddy of 15 yrs. is a prairie boy FWIW).

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #37
GhostTribute
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirela View Post
Hahahahaha!!! This is Focus Fanatics!!!!
yeah I joined because I wanted to find information on building the ZETEC engine. Figured that the Focus forum would yield better results than the Escape/Tribute forums. ... Didn't really find what I was looking for but decided that I would stick around just to be a pain in the arse!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #38
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTribute View Post
yeah I joined because I wanted to find information on building the ZETEC engine. Figured that the Focus forum would yield better results than the Escape/Tribute forums. ... Didn't really find what I was looking for but decided that I would stick around just to be a pain in the arse!
Well that much has been a success

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 08-28-2014, 03:58 AM   #39
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Have enjoyed hearing about the Tribute adventures, even if Focus & Tribute mods aren't all directly transferable.

S.R. #275
Old 08-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #40
Pirela
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTribute
Well that much has been a success

I don't get it!!! You sai with 190 HP or more I can't run with a Honda but you want building the Zetec engine... Seriously!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->