Why street racing is dumb - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-11-2005, 02:43 PM   #11
ren
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6633
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ren Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yeah, it's just not worth it for anyone involved.

Your life is worth more than a couple seconds of cheap thrills. And even if you don't value your own life, there's absolutely no excuse for endangering those around you with such a worthless stunt.

Even if you come out ahead, all you'd win is the repsect of some 17 yr old in his mom's M3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2005, 03:11 AM   #12
smokethebear_280
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23312
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 smokethebear_280 Good Standing Member
Yeah, I must say although I've never really street raced, there doesn't seem to be anything out there more thrilling. But it really isn't worth getting your car impounded, or, as previously stated, someone's life...
Old 08-12-2005, 04:41 AM   #13
redbull
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5319
What I Drive: 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS

FF Reputation: 1 redbull Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by ren
Even if you come out ahead, all you'd win is the repsect of some 17 yr old in his mom's M3.

* Wow, this should be in someones sig..*
Old 08-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #14
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Wish my mom drove an M3. All I had was a 95 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (with the Quad 4).

It was a fun car until I bought my own car.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #15
Hexx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18117
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 1 Hexx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Street racing may be fun for some of ya. Dont know why it gets you off though. If you need excitement, how about building a rally car. Yeah yea, its expensive, but hell, you go as fast as you can on and off road trying to make the best time. Some day, I will rally....not as a profession though I dont think.

Racing from a roll...yeah Ive done it, and have won races...but never felt like I REALLY won...even if it was my 2000 GAGT1 vs 00ish Jetta whatever whatever. At the track its fair. Reaction time to the lights, shifting etc.

Just my POV though.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #16
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Focus racer S2, street racing is one thing but people like you who hold up traffic should not be alowed to drive. What if there is an emergancy? Someone in the crowd of people you are holding back is in labor, or sick. If you are going to race on the street do it on empty roads or dont do it at all. I do race other places than the track but just when there are no other people involved.

I am not trying to be an ass but in emergancies an ambulance does not need to weave through traffic, it needs a straight shot.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 08-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #17
popecruz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17124
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 popecruz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by Hexx
Street racing may be fun for some of ya. Dont know why it gets you off though. If you need excitement, how about building a rally car. Yeah yea, its expensive, but hell, you go as fast as you can on and off road trying to make the best time. Some day, I will rally....not as a profession though I dont think.

Build a rally car... wtf??! People do that as a profession and it takes a ton of skill. You don't just hop in your and start driving around a dirt track at 100mph.

Besides street racing is completely free if you don't get caught. And i strongly encourage racing a closed street with no traffic. At least if something goes wrong it happens to me, not some random person driving home.
All your hard work and training for AutoX and you get sliding off the road and jacking your suspension named after you. That sucks.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #18
Hexx
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by popecruz
Build a rally car... wtf??! People do that as a profession and it takes a ton of skill. You don't just hop in your and start driving around a dirt track at 100mph.

Besides street racing is completely free if you don't get caught. And i strongly encourage racing a closed street with no traffic. At least if something goes wrong it happens to me, not some random person driving home.
I KNOW people do that as a profession. I was saying, you dont have to. You could spend a season or two doing it, etc etc. As for skill...yes, it does take skill....thats why I set people up to that challenge instead of straight line street racing. 1/4 mile racing is good and all....but why not do something that involves on the fly thinking for more than a 1/4 mile?

Street racing on a closed road isnt bad at all...I would highly suggest this if any racing on the street at all.

I just still dont get the "from the roll" approach. Even if the person is driving an EVO and cant launch, whatever, its his ass not mine. I shouldnt have to give him a handicap because he has a hard time from 0-60 to get traction.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:28 AM   #19
popecruz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17124
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 popecruz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
^^ people go from a roll to see whos faster at certain speeds. The wrx runs a similar quarter mile as the srt-4, but from a roll the srt4 will smoke it stock vs stock. Its just a means of seeing whos faster at what point. Plus if you're on the freeway racing, are you gonna slow down to a stop? no lol.
All your hard work and training for AutoX and you get sliding off the road and jacking your suspension named after you. That sucks.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:45 PM   #20
Hexx
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by popecruz
^^ people go from a roll to see whos faster at certain speeds. The wrx runs a similar quarter mile as the srt-4, but from a roll the srt4 will smoke it stock vs stock. Its just a means of seeing whos faster at what point. Plus if you're on the freeway racing, are you gonna slow down to a stop? no lol.
from the guy above it sounds like they would stop traffic just to race...so stopping on the highway you could do that

Bookmarks & Social Networks