WRC: Acropolis - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-30-2005, 01:22 AM   #11
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I don't know if you can really say it's the Subaru team's fault for the car not doing well. Solberg's never been the man when it comes to tarmac, and Loeb's been getting better on gravel after each rally event. Solberg just seems to be quickly falling under the shadow of Loeb. I love the guy to death - he's the one I'm always rooting for - but you just cannot deny Loeb's supremacy. It really takes the fun out of rally sometimes with Loeb just dominating. Then again, I really thought Gronholm was going to dominate for a while, and now he's hit a low point in his rally career (well, been there for a while). You just never know with the WRC...

I was surprised Martin switched from Ford to Peugeot for this season. I really thought he was coming into his own and comfortable with the car enough to final start winning some more rallies. Then, he goes French with a team that used to dominate the WRC (I miss the 206) to failing with mostly tranny problems. Which reminds me, I thought Burns was supposed to return this season? Does anyone know anything about his tumor - I think it was - and if he'll be returning to rally again?

I've been impressed with Gardemeister's performance this season. It really shows how much Skoda was holding him back.

By the way, check the speed channel's website for the WRC times. It comes on every Sunday night the weekend of each specific rally (usually 10:00PM Central Time). I miss having the three day coverage on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It made it a little more exciting not knowing what was going to happen instead of it all being lumped into an hour and a half.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #12
Fobus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3677
What I Drive: 04 ZTW 2.3L 5-speed, sport package

FF Reputation: 1 Fobus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Re: Marko Martin. I loved watching that guy in the Focus last year but Ford cut back on the driver salaries so Martin went with the $$$. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with the blue oval next year when Peugeot retires from WRC.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 AM   #13
213slayer666
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7447
What I Drive: a car?

FF Reputation: 1 213slayer666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by jollyjohnj
Everytime I look at Speed Channel, WRC is on at like 2 a.m.
that's so they can cram as much nascar on as possible.

i hate nascar
Old 07-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #14
EGGO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21789
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 EGGO Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Re: Re: WRC: Acropolis

Quote:
Originally posted by blackandgold
You SOB Yeah he had a tough going after he destroyed the shit out of his wing.
Oh it was much more than his wing. =0)

Seemed like everybody had a crappy beginning. Loeb's getting boring to me now, and he's making the switch to get out of rallying and into the Tarmac.

But we've seen just how needed that spoiler was for the Suby team. Like you said, a lot of people criticize it, but they don't realize just how much your rear doesn't move around thanks to that thing. If the Focus had an AWD option, you can bet your butt I'll be getting the wing they use in WRC.

Alas, to see the WRC Focus leaves me nothing more than the feeling of jealousy knowing that Ford won't bring even the European models here...pretty much ever.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #15
Clegg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25626
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Clegg Good Standing Member
My man is solberg.... Unfortunately him and Subaru are having a sadly inconsisstent year :(

But you could tell 2 years ago Loeb was going to dominate the sport, he is by far the coolest, most consistent driver out there. Marcus is also very cool, but I think hes loosing his edge to the new hot young guns in the field.

Next year should shake things up nicely, I hope to see Loeb go to Ford, and not just because I own a focus. But because Ford needs a top shelf driver, and I think if he went to Subaru him and Solberg would just ass smack the entire championship. I want some competition, and I would like to see Martin and Loeb or Solberg and Martin.

I watched the entire 2001 season last week for fun again and its amazing the progress not only Martin but also Solberg have made in the last 4 years. (and loeb for that matter!)
2008 Blue VDub R32 #3858 of 5000

Traded in: 2002 Infra-Red SVT #2992 of 4788 Born on June 20th 2002
Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #16
jbondjr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13804
FF Reputation: 1 jbondjr Good Standing Member
The absolutely amazing thing about the Focus is they haven't developed it for almost a year now. The package Gardemeister is driving with is the package tht Markko had last year (for the most part). The near pull out of Ford caused Msport to not be as technologically on edge as some of their rivals, nonetheless the car produces results.

BTW. That driver in the silver was Miko Hirvonen who used to drive for Ford before switching to Subaru and then getting dropped. He is a super nice guy in person, and (like Gronholm this year) shows sparks of great ability, but lacks the consistancy that is so important over 16 events.

Oh. If you only see ONE rally event (in person or on TV) watch Rally Finland. Trust me on that.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #17
EGGO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21789
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 EGGO Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jbondjr
The absolutely amazing thing about the Focus is they haven't developed it for almost a year now. The package Gardemeister is driving with is the package tht Markko had last year (for the most part). The near pull out of Ford caused Msport to not be as technologically on edge as some of their rivals, nonetheless the car produces results.

BTW. That driver in the silver was Miko Hirvonen who used to drive for Ford before switching to Subaru and then getting dropped. He is a super nice guy in person, and (like Gronholm this year) shows sparks of great ability, but lacks the consistancy that is so important over 16 events.

Oh. If you only see ONE rally event (in person or on TV) watch Rally Finland. Trust me on that.
The one coming up?

Yes, that is the best one coming up. I told Petter in person I hope he stops Loeb's streak. ;)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #18
BLKMAMBA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13989
What I Drive: 03 SVT FOCUS-black mamba

FF Reputation: 1 BLKMAMBA Good Standing Member
It is really good for Ford &the Focus to keep earning Manufacturers points. Cant wait till the 2006 is running.That is a bad ass looking RSF and Fiesta RS. I hope they dont go to the Fusion 2 door S for the next WRC .They have a Concept 2 door fusion that is in development with a sketch on the fusion web page that pops up every now & then.I cant confirm that it is factory art or private but it VERY good.

Bookmarks & Social Networks