tune ,who to go with - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WHOS TUNE
toms tune 177 62.77%
fswerks 73 25.89%
other: who did it? pros/cons 32 11.35%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #211
MattyM3CSL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63091
What I Drive: 14' Silver ST, 02 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 2 MattyM3CSL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Another great review and vote for Tom here!

Tom has worked with me and provided tuning help on both of my SVTís. One is daily driven and the other a dedicated track car. The entire process is really quite simple. Once, you recieve your hand held tuner and get the software loaded on your laptop. Simply send Tom a datalog. He will make the appropriate adjustments to the tune and return your new tune via email. This process is repeated until the tune is dialed in and (most importantly) SAFE. Iíve been very happy with the results on both cars.

I would strongly recommend Tom for anyone looking for tuning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #212
lostsoul23m
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119006
What I Drive: 2007 Screaming Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lostsoul23m Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyM3CSL View Post
Another great review and vote for Tom here!

Tom has worked with me and provided tuning help on both of my SVTís. One is daily driven and the other a dedicated track car. The entire process is really quite simple. Once, you recieve your hand held tuner and get the software loaded on your laptop. Simply send Tom a datalog. He will make the appropriate adjustments to the tune and return your new tune via email. This process is repeated until the tune is dialed in and (most importantly) SAFE. Iíve been very happy with the results on both cars.

I would strongly recommend Tom for anyone looking for tuning.
^^^^^^This all day. Tom's tune has my car running better than it ever has before and you can't beat free NA tunes for life practically. Tom will be my choice when I go turbo as well and for every other focus I buy in the future.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #213
SBK86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108959
What I Drive: 2004 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SBK86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Thanks Tom!

Another satisfied customer. He was quick to ship and work with me in getting the car setup. I didn't know how to set up the logging program so he remoted into my laptop and did the work for me.

The car now feels completely different in a good way. There's more power on the low end and no more random surging or hesitating. I look forward to racing it this weekend :)
Old 05-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #214
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 126730
What I Drive: 2006 Yellow Focus ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 3 yellowhatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just purchased Tom's setup, would not even consider the competition after reading they do not tune for custom made intakes. Simple process: Order the SCT, install Team Viewer, SCT Updater, LiveLink, and appropriate drivers. Tom even remoted into my netbook and help me setup the appropriate monitors.

Tuning

First you will need a firewire and follow the diagram here for analog input which (which Tom pointed me to). I selected the wrong input and called Tom, selected the right input and we started tuning with the AEM wideband. First you get a "base" tune to get you started and then he works from there after each datalog you send him. From each tune things got progressively better until stock driveability was passed and the car felt smooth throughout the powerband and pulled like a freight train.

Currently I am running the best/latest tune out of the set for a week and will send him another datalog towards the end of the week. Another thing I noticed was Tom does not halfa** things, he will continuously work on your tune until it is correct. I was waking up with tunes in my inbox ready for me to try out and also worked with even during evening hours (at least where I live).

So I definitely feel like I have my money's worth for the lifetime tuning and the fact I can contact him for any advice or issues I could have for free. The $399 pays for itself real fast and seeing the wideband show me errors I would have never seen on stock tune I have peace of mind that I can enjoy my mods the correct way. He will even give you advice on mods that can help you along the way in terms of performance and reliability down the road. It is almost like having your own personal tuner on the fly. So all in all I can definitely reccomend this.

Bookmarks & Social Networks