SVT owners, DO NOT GET A XCAL4! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113561
What I Drive: '02 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Gav-O-SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
SVT owners, DO NOT GET A XCAL4!

So, I have been going back and forth with SCT trying to get my newly purchased Xcal4 to work. The firmware in the X4 is NOT compatible with the SVTF! It has the same hardware as the Livewire, which is why I got one but the firmware is completely different. Turns out there are like 5 or 6 other people with SVTF's that just got the Xcal4 that cant get it to work either. I believe that SCT has sent out a notice to dealers to state that the X4 is not compatible with the SVTF at this time. I just went to CFM and checked and now it says "Will not work with SVT at this time". Too bad it didn't say that when I bought it for $400 a week and a half ago... So it looks like we are still stuck with the X3 or Livewire. Now I have to return it to CFM or just exchange it for a different tuner... So I just wanted to inform you guys and give you a heads up before you decide to get a X4 for your SVTF's. I'm sure it will get updated firmware in the future but until they can get a SVT in their shop to figure out the problem its just dead in the water.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Wow, thanks for the update on this issue. I was wondering how the SVT folks were doing with these. Trying to datalog with the X3 can be a nightmare sometimes and other times it's works no problem. Really wish they would fix the SVT issues across the board instead of ignoring us.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 05-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #3
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Wow, thanks for the update on this issue. I was wondering how the SVT folks were doing with these. Trying to datalog with the X3 can be a nightmare sometimes and other times it's works no problem. Really wish they would fix the SVT issues across the board instead of ignoring us.
Yea, I figured that SCT had their act together when releasing the X4, how did they not make SURE that it would work with the SVTF after all the previous problems with the X3 etc... The Livewire works no problem with SVTF's and since the board is the same in both the Livewire and X4, I figured that it would be plug and play. Guess not. The damn firmware is anti SVT... I'm just going to bite the bullet on this one and drop the extra $200 on the Livewire, then I know its going to work plus the data logging on the Livewire is nice. I wanted to get this info on the forum ASAP before anyone else buys the X4 for their SVTF. It just sucks, now I have to deal with CFM and try to exchange the X4 for the Livewire. Not to mention now I have to pay the extra shipping costs AND wait even longer to get my SVT tuned... My tune is the cherry on top of my beastly N/A SVT build.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #4
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Hey, if any of you are in the Florida area you might be able to get a free tuner/tune from SCT if you let them use your SVTF as a guinea pig for the X4. Just a FYI for anyone who might be interested in that, just contact them and see if they would be interested. Considering that their sales and reputation are on the line, you probably have a good chance of having it done for free... That's going to be first come, first serve. The quicker they get a SVT to test on, the quicker the X4 firmware will be available for the SVTF. I would do it but I'm in California...
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Whats not working about it ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
playaplaya81
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106583
What I Drive: 2003 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 playaplaya81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Dang I was going to buy one very soon I guess I'm kind of lucky I had some maintenence issues come up lol

Tom have you had any problems with the svt and the xcal4?
Old 05-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Buy the SCT TS
Old 05-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Whats not working about it ?

Tom
It fails to save the stock tune. It gets anywhere from 1-20% then an error message pops up and says "error 110B8, failed to save stock tune file". I pulled fuses 46 & 61, disconnected anything that would drain power and still nothing. I tried to get it to work everyday for a week... According to SCT there are many others having the same problem with the same error message. Until the firmware gets updated to work with the SVTF, the X4 is a no go...
Old 05-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #9
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweesy View Post
Buy the SCT TS
Im just going to trade in the x4 for the Livewire and just pay the $200 difference. Sucks that I have to pay for the shipping to send it back to CFM. Im hoping they dont try to charge me a 20% restocking fee, as it said on the site that the X4 IS compatable with the SVTF and now the site says its NOT... Like I said, I think SCT sent out a notice to dealers that the X4 is NOT compatable with the SVTF at this time.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #10
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
SCT never sent any sort of message , I didnt get one

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks