svt focus coupe trunk car - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #21
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellersvt1 View Post
Thanks. I have no intention or want to sell the car but pretty sure with the 900hp 5.3 stroker coyote engine that I will be putting in it later this summer ill have no problem getting rid of it if I change my mind. Also im not sure what you mean be frankenstine frame. I never cut the frame. The sedans and zx3 have the same inner rocker supports so everything went together pretty easily.
Big dreams = big money. big money = big loss if/when you get rid of it. I think it is cool what you are doing. I hope you make it work. But please excuse me if I am a bit skeptical. Through the years, there have been a lot of build threads with big dreams, the vast majority of them never get off the ground. You have made more progress than some, but you are still 2 days into a very big project.

As for the safety aspect. There is more that goes into the structural integrity of a vehicle than just the frame. I don't know what your experience is in this department. I assume it is more than my own. I just don't want to see you put a ton of money into this project, only to see it break in two if you ever get in a relatively minor accident. Years and tons of $$$$ go into vehicle safety, how much of that will you lose in this project?

(Edited to add reply to your question.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellersvt1
Something is really bothering me with what your said. Why would it be impossible to sale?
Impossible was probably the wrong word. Extremely difficult would be more appropriate, but you can sell anything at the right price. The vast majority of used car buyers don't want a modified car. If everything works, you are going to be attempting to sell a car that has had so many modifications that none of this majority will have any interest. And for the minority that might be interested in a heavily modified 900 hp RWD vehicle, they probably don't want a focus. Your only potential buyer is a focus enthusiast who wants 900 hp RWD focus, also wants a 2 door coupe, is not concerned about potential safety concerns, and has money to burn. it is a simple problem of supply and demand. A very low demand makes your focus worth a whole lot less than you would imagine. (and this is assuming that everything is done right).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #22
ellersvt1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86928
What I Drive: 03 svt coupe

FF Reputation: 1 ellersvt1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_urn View Post
Big dreams = big money. big money = big loss if/when you get rid of it. I think it is cool what you are doing. I hope you make it work. But please excuse me if I am a bit skeptical. Through the years, there have been a lot of build threads with big dreams, the vast majority of them never get off the ground. You have made more progress than some, but you are still 2 days into a very big project.

As for the safety aspect. There is more that goes into the structural integrity of a vehicle than just the frame. I don't know what your experience is in this department. I assume it is more than my own. I just don't want to see you put a ton of money into this project, only to see it break in two if you ever get in a relatively minor accident. Years and tons of $$$$ go into vehicle safety, how much of that will you lose in this project?
Ok I appreciate your constructive criticism. Thanks so much for not coming out bashing on my project. I have done a ton of research on the cars I am using. Im not trying to promote my build thread but if you hop over there and look you will see a really detailed and step by step approach. I have actually gained some strength becaues where the rocker support came spotwelded from the factory I welded a solid seam. You can see in this pic where the spot welds were
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #23
ellersvt1
Focus Enthusiast

Yes and in reality it comes down to the fact that I am building the car for me. I understand that I may take a major lose on the car if I decide to sell
Old 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #24
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellersvt1 View Post
Ok I appreciate your constructive criticism. Thanks so much for not coming out bashing on my project. I have done a ton of research on the cars I am using. Im not trying to promote my build thread but if you hop over there and look you will see a really detailed and step by step approach. I have actually gained some strength becaues where the rocker support came spotwelded from the factory I welded a solid seam. You can see in this pic where the spot welds were
No bashing from me, just a few concerns. But it seems you have looked the safety aspect, so that is good enough for me.

Good luck with the build. I will be following it. Hope everything works out. It is a cool idea, if you make it work.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
ellersvt1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
No bashing from me, just a few concerns. But it seems you have looked the safety aspect, so that is good enough for me.

Good luck with the build. I will be following it. Hope everything works out. It is a cool idea, if you make it work.
Thanks I can't wait to drive it
Old 05-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #26
ellersvt1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Surely you still arnt skeptical
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #27
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

The work you have done thus far is impressive. Skeptic is too strong of a word.

But I am still in the "I will believe it when I see it finished" mindset.

Good luck. I will be following your progress.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #28
thisiskevin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95067
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 thisiskevin Good Standing Member
I was full of doubt when I first saw this thread, but I looked up the build tread and I have to say, I am very impressed! When I saw these pictures, I thought you cut the back end off of a sedan and a hatch and welded them together. Your method is much more well thought out. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #29
ellersvt1
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiskevin View Post
I was full of doubt when I first saw this thread, but I looked up the build tread and I have to say, I am very impressed! When I saw these pictures, I thought you cut the back end off of a sedan and a hatch and welded them together. Your method is much more well thought out. Keep up the good work!
Thanks. I never intended on this turning into a build thread. Im really excited
Old 05-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #30
JPFocus86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115084
What I Drive: 2005 InfraRed ZX4 ST

Points 225, Level 4
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 JPFocus86 Good Standing Member
Source of said 900 hp Coyote engine?

Current: InfraRed 2005 ST

SR #279

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.