Best value non-oil Air Filter to use with snorkel delete mod ? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is what I have in mine: WIX 49017

---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #12
mike390
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 156634
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 mike390 Good Standing Member
i will hopefully be getting the filter next week, ill let you guys know how it works out!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #13
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
How do you clean it? Do they offer a cleaner or just rinse with water and let it dry? I wouldn't mind this option. I'm used to oiling a K&N and never had an issue with the MAF but losing a step would be nice.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #14
Genewich
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 160834
What I Drive: Oxford White 2014 HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Genewich Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speedRuby View Post
I picked this guy up from advanced for 30$ with a discount, its a red spectre filter very solid iv gone with spectre on all my vehicles and never had a problem, with the snorkel delete it sounds like and in charge. sounds amazing and gives better throttle response
What part number did you use? The Spectre website doesn't show a match for the Focus.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #15
ProjectCommuter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105046
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 ProjectCommuter Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
How do you clean it? Do they offer a cleaner or just rinse with water and let it dry? I wouldn't mind this option. I'm used to oiling a K&N and never had an issue with the MAF but losing a step would be nice.
AEM suggests using their cleaning solution. But they say you can use mild dish soap too. Then you just let it dry and pop it back in. It's synthetic fibrous material.

http://www.aemintakes.com/air_filter...structions.htm

Last edited by ProjectCommuter; 05-04-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: error correction.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #16
mike390
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 156634
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 mike390 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectCommuter View Post
I am happy to have found it myself. When I got my car there were none available. I got an Injen intake because they use the amsoil dry filter which I love. But I may have to get one of these myself. If you get one, do a little write up on it with pics.
Just got the filter and put it in with the snorkel delete. It was too dark to take good pics so I'll post a write up this weekend. The filter was a very tight fit (very slightly longer than stock) with a little time I convinced it to fit in the airbox.

It sounds deeper But performance wise I don't know if it is a big change or not, it feels a bit more responsive . I'm going to drive it around a bit more to get a better feel on it. But even if there's zero gain , the noise sounds a lot more respectable and the filter is super easy to clean. I'd recommend it.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #17
ProjectCommuter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105046
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 ProjectCommuter Good Standing Member
I got one too. It was a tight fit but after I drove around a bit and it heated up in the engine compartment it came out and went back in real easy. You have to be careful tightening down the lid screws the first time. I cracked two of mine. I also removed the silencer underneath the intake. So there is a little hole at the bottom that provides for more airflow as well. I really like the filter and for everyday driving the sound is much better than the wide open intake. If I noticed any difference it is up top of the power band versus the Injen. But overall I like it very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	46018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3419.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	46026  

Old 05-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #18
danbfree
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 159706
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Hatcback SE tuxedo black

FF Reputation: 3 danbfree Good Standing Member
Thanks for all the pics and experience of the AEM.... I think it's super obvious it's the best bang for the buck at $38 shipped and what I'm gonna go for to go along with snorkel delete... I'm also considering doing resonator (lunchbox it's called?) delete too but not sure that wouldn't just hurt snorkel delete? Wouldn't you have to do a Newmod mini-ram air mod or whatever it's called?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #19
5speedRuby
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119198
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red 5 Speed Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 5speedRuby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
i have a parts cleaner for automotive parts but basically yeah some soap and water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genewich View Post
What part number did you use? The Spectre website doesn't show a match for the Focus.
not quite sure the part number theyre sold in store at advance auto parts theres 2 models one is extremlly long and hte other is exact size of stock filter not hard to match em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
Thanks for all the pics and experience of the AEM.... I think it's super obvious it's the best bang for the buck at $38 shipped and what I'm gonna go for to go along with snorkel delete... I'm also considering doing resonator (lunchbox it's called?) delete too but not sure that wouldn't just hurt snorkel delete? Wouldn't you have to do a Newmod mini-ram air mod or whatever it's called?
the lunchbox is actually the muffler, theres 2 cats, 1 resonater, and than the muffler called the luncbox, i have the filter and snorkel delete but also have a resonator and the lunchbox delete and its great no problems so no you dont have too
Hatch Nation #94
Instagram - amu_chodie follow me!
16.8 seconds at 88.9 mph 3rd gear
Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #20
danbfree
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 159706
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Hatcback SE tuxedo black

FF Reputation: 3 danbfree Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speedRuby View Post
the lunchbox is actually the muffler, theres 2 cats, 1 resonater, and than the muffler called the luncbox, i have the filter and snorkel delete but also have a resonator and the lunchbox delete and its great no problems so no you dont have too
So if you have 2 cats then you have PZEV, I don't... I think there are 2 resonators and 1 cat on mine... I've researched exhaust systems and I think the "lunchbox" is one of the resonators, the one towards the rear specifically, but I may be wrong... heh.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->