2014 Focus Titanium - Buyers remorse even before delivery! - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #51
sailor
Crankshaft

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,816, Level 71
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 79 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Tried it 3 times, had the rep on here last year from Ford escalate it and nothing, no calls from the area manager, nothing.

Each dealer has the same scripted story "normal", "the way a DCT sounds and operates", wonder where total loss of the throttle in pulling out of traffic or etc figures into that? Or horrendous grinding and mis shifts that cause the car to hop and snap your neck backwards?

One claimed a tech took it for a test drived and ran a scan on it, little did they know I set the trip odometer to note this and there was no additional miles on the car, also put masking tape over the obd port and it was not removed or touched. I sat in the waiting room while my car was pulled back in the parking lot near the bay where it sat and they did nothing to it. I walked back and saw it sitting in the same spot a 1/2 later. Needless to say I never went back to that dealer and they are the ones I bought the car from.

I am done trying to resolve this with Ford, I am planning on trading it in and losing money, maybe for a ST since I feel the car is great besides the DCT. I might also give up on Ford and go back to VW or try a Subie.
I hope the complete lack of service from the selling Dealership was reported to Ford, that kind of "service" isn't acceptable.

My First new car was a warranty nightmare through two dealerships - inch thick stack of service receipts. Selling Dealer didn't do the required pre-delivery service, and didn't seem able to fix anything afterwards either. Second Dealer didn't do much better, still had many issues & repeat visits for the same problem. After a year I happened to move to my Home area, THIRD Dealer to deal with the car was a night & day improvement. Problems disappeared once they worked on it & I kept the car until it rotted beyond repair years later.

Don't know how many Dealerships/Service visits you've gone through, the three tries mentioned here haven't done the trick to solve your problems. At least one visit wasn't any help at all! Hope you try again & have better luck.

Cheers

S.R. #275
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #52
focusman-br
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 141577
What I Drive: 2014 Silver Focus Sedan S

FF Reputation: 1 focusman-br Good Standing Member
Hi Friends,

I Bought my Ford Focus build also in a 3th world factory.

Mine isn't a Titanium model, it's only a S.

My car was built on the Pacheco Plant, Argentina and there are some differences from the car built here in Latin America, North American, Chinese and European cars.

The first one is the Engine.

The base engine here for the Sedan is a 2.0 L Flex with 178 HP using Ethanol.
All versions come at least with 16 inc Aluminium wheals
All versions come with Sync system and 6 speakers
All versions come with AC system
All versions come with powered window

All SE version come with leather seats, rear disk system, different Sync System with 4,3 inch screen and more other little things, and 4 air bags

But only the Titanium have 6 air bags, xenon lights, moonroof, my ford touch, and 17inch wheels. The wheels used here is different from the other places. In my opinion is the ugliest model ever made by Ford.

So far, i drove for 3000 km and i have only issues regarding poor fit and painting. Mechanical issues are absent so far. My transmission system is currently working fine and the fuel consumption is very good.

I'm very happy with the car despite the news that come from the 1th world. Unfortunately the current model was replaced by the new front one and my car will became an old boy faster than i desire.

Enjoy your car and don't worry about the comments. it's normal for the the world best seller car. If too many units sold, to many issues are reported.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #53
wavsine
Focus Addict

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch 5m

Points 16,997, Level 83
Points: 16,997, Level: 83 Points: 16,997, Level: 83 Points: 16,997, Level: 83
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 15 wavsine Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusman-br View Post

I'm very happy with the car despite the news that come from the 1th world. Unfortunately the current model was replaced by the new front one and my car will became an old boy faster than i desire.
There are quite a few people that like the 2012-2014 body design and are not thrilled with the the upcoming 2015 model:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381082

Synthetic oil in GDI engines
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324396
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #54
focusman-br
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 141577
What I Drive: 2014 Silver Focus Sedan S

FF Reputation: 1 focusman-br Good Standing Member
Yes, all Ford Cars look the same. I really like more the current design.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:09 AM   #55
primitive
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 149562
What I Drive: 2014 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 primitive Good Standing Member
Hi guys,

Won't get the car this week as the registration office was on strike or something (third world problems!) so I was told by the dealer that next week is more likely.

In any case, I did quiz him a bit on the transmission, and I am thoroughly confused. The car I test drove had a PowerShift transmission with select shift (but my proforma said multi-tronic, which Ford said was a mistake, but they only had PowerShift so it didn't matter), but he is saying that the models they sell are not CVT; is this BS or am I missing something? I do get an overly dishonest vibe from my sales rep, but I am a naturally paranoid person.

BTW, I like the 2014 over the 2015; the 2015 seems more pretentious to me, but that is just my take - and frankly I am glad I am getting the old model because it seems that most of the teething problems have been fixed, I am sure the 2015 is going to introduce a whole range of other issues (as with most new models, which is why Honda and Toyota rarely change anything with new models). I also don't like the dumbed down interior which seems to be going more for the Golf's simplistic look.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #56
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,449, Level 52
Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52 Points: 6,449, Level: 52
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by primitive View Post
In any case, I did quiz him a bit on the transmission, and I am thoroughly confused. The car I test drove had a PowerShift transmission with select shift (but my proforma said multi-tronic, which Ford said was a mistake, but they only had PowerShift so it didn't matter), but he is saying that the models they sell are not CVT; is this BS or am I missing something? I do get an overly dishonest vibe from my sales rep, but I am a naturally paranoid person.

BTW, I like the 2014 over the 2015; the 2015 seems more pretentious to me, but that is just my take - and frankly I am glad I am getting the old model because it seems that most of the teething problems have been fixed, I am sure the 2015 is going to introduce a whole range of other issues (as with most new models, which is why Honda and Toyota rarely change anything with new models). I also don't like the dumbed down interior which seems to be going more for the Golf's simplistic look.
That is correct, the Focus does not have a CVT. It's a dual clutch automated manual.

I'd say that's possible with anything that's changed, but in reality so little is changing in the '15 that there will probably not be many new problems introduced. The most likely area for new problems would be the suspension since they are apparently retuning it.

The '14 Durango here in the states went through a similar refresh (I know because I own a '13). The only major change was the transmission and guess the only problems the forums are buzzing about..... transmission problems.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #57
primitive
Focus Rookie

Sorry, my bad, I thought DCT was a type of CVT and he actually said it was a normal automatic, is that correct also?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #58
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 11,624, Level 70
Points: 11,624, Level: 70 Points: 11,624, Level: 70 Points: 11,624, Level: 70
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Sorry, my bad, I thought DCT was a type of CVT and he actually said it was a normal automatic, is that correct also?
No a DCT (dual clutch transmission) is not a "normal" automatic.

Inside Ford PowerShift DCT
Ford’s new dual-clutch PowerShift automatic consists of two manual transmissions (in the same case) working in parallel. Each has its own independent clutch unit controlled by computers and fast-acting electromechanical actuators that shift the gears.

One clutch carries the odd gears, 1, 3 and 5, while the other carries the even gears, 2, 4 and 6, and reverse. PowerShift is an automatic because the gear changes are coordinated by a computer that directs the clutches to engage and disengage in a way that provides seamless delivery of torque to the wheels, even during gear changes.

As a result, the driver benefits from a 10 percent fuel economy gain along with the direct and sporty power-to-the-wheels feel and crisp acceleration normally associated with a manual gearbox, but in a transmission that shifts automatically.

The SelectShift Automatic feature. SelectShift allows a driver to change gears – up or down – by simply pressing a button on the shift handle. By pushing the plus sign button, the transmission upshifts. Push the minus sign button and the car downshifts. The PowerShift computer prevents a driver from downshifting too fast and causing damage from over-revving. In the Focus, drivers also can choose Sport Mode, which changes the timing of the shifts for quicker acceleration.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Q2M2K0V5k&list=PLojJ58m6uPs_iaaLfsz2HO44tvUr8_kaS[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Q2...2HO44tvUr8_kaS
Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #59
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 313, Level 6
Points: 313, Level: 6 Points: 313, Level: 6 Points: 313, Level: 6
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
DCT stands for dual clutch transmission and the rep was very incorrect to tell you it is a normal automatic. This bad communication has caused countless owners a lot of hassle they didn't need but is typical of most car salesmen I've dealt with. My personal favorite was the one who didn't know the model I was attempting to BUY and I had to get him his own companies magazine ad to help HIM sell ME his CAR
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #60
primitive
Focus Rookie

Yes, I think it probably comes down to laziness; not wanting to explain anything or answer any questions. I basically sold the car to myself and the rep was probably only there to make sure I didn't steal the car on my test drive!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.