I think I got worked! - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #21
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If the dealership is smart and know you're a bad survey waiting to happen they probably sent your survey into space. Making $1,000 on a Focus isn't worth a bad survey for sure.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #22
lobo411
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 148290
What I Drive: 2014 SE

FF Reputation: 1 lobo411 Good Standing Member
OK, issue resolved! Apparently it wasn't the general manager I was talking to yesterday (there are like 3 people with the same first name). Today the GM called me and offered me the 3 year/45k mi extended service plan (the one that covers routine maintenance) if I'd agree to give them a 5/5 rating on the survey. He also apologized for the misunderstanding, and stated that the disconnect occurred between the sales office and me (implying that the salesman didn't properly communicate the offer...not sure I buy that, but whatever). Finally, he said that he talked to everyone in the store and told them that they have to treat their customers right. I hope he knocked some heads around...frankly, their behavior yesterday was downright stupid. By my barely-informed guess, they must have made about $1500-$2000 on the sale (I paid $1k over invoice, I bought their car alarm for $500, and google says dealer holdback is ~ $500 on that model).

I'm not sure what the retail value is of that service plan, but I figured it was as good a deal as I could expect considering it all really boiled down to my word against a signed contract. I'll keep my word and hold up my end with the 5/5 survey as well. Lesson definitely learned, and thanks to you all for your help!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #23
sailor
Crankshaft

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,997, Level 71
Points: 11,997, Level: 71 Points: 11,997, Level: 71 Points: 11,997, Level: 71
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 79 sailor Excellent Standing Member
That's a better resolution.

I'm sure your feelings on it are accurate. Good thing is getting something you can use to make the deal a bit sweeter.

Cheers

S.R. #275
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #24
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo411 View Post
OK, issue resolved! Apparently it wasn't the general manager I was talking to yesterday (there are like 3 people with the same first name). Today the GM called me and offered me the 3 year/45k mi extended service plan (the one that covers routine maintenance) if I'd agree to give them a 5/5 rating on the survey.
I'm glad the dealer rectified the situation for you. If you're interested, I'd like to document your feedback on my end; let me know.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
JLokiG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 172937
What I Drive: 2009 Silver Focus SE

Points 543, Level 10
Points: 543, Level: 10 Points: 543, Level: 10 Points: 543, Level: 10
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 JLokiG Good Standing Member
Jeez, sorry!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 AM   #26
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 3,218, Level 35
Points: 3,218, Level: 35 Points: 3,218, Level: 35 Points: 3,218, Level: 35
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 25 amc49 Great Standing Member
Here in Dallas it was common to cut a deal by mouth and then the final contract is jacked up somewhere, I saw it done on 3 deals after I learned on the $1000 jack up they did on me on the first one. I thought there in dealership I had looked at all contract figures but missed that increase in car price due to just coming off working an 18 hour shift. A good lesson there, don't buy when tired. They chat you up at how happy you are with the finalizing and new car and hope you'll miss it. Then they treat you like you are a crook when you call them out as I did next day after looking at contract. Here in Texas you have 3 days to renege on the deal if financed through outside bank, the dealership told me I had no recourse but after talking to bank behind them I went back and told them the car would be back in their lot in 4 hours if no resolution, they caved and cut me a check for the difference. Brother they were not happy about it at all either.

I also refuse any trade-in or add-on warranty now too, it then allows them to jack you with more confusing figures. Once down to car, interest and taxes only they are severely limited in how they can screw you after the agreement happens. Nowadays I don't sign spit until I closely view every line in the contract, they don't like it at all and every time I have forced a redo of the contract when they tried to slip other stuff in there.

There is no such thing as a 'misunderstanding' in a car deal, at least on their end. Believe me, they know EXACTLY what they are doing and will exploit every opening you give them. Two times things were said to me that were clear evidence they were recording the wife and I while they went away to consult the 'head salesman', the later redo of contract was for them warping what we discussed 'privately' (yeah, like that is possible!) like monthly payment to fit a jack up in price that suddenly appeared on the contract. Then they accuse you of 'bargaining in bad faith' trying to get you to cave in.

Nowadays I turn it into a bad day for them, it is very funny to watch them twist and turn trying to add value when you cut them out of all the ways they jack things up. I've had them then refuse to sell the car whereupon I simply walk off to have them catch me out in the lot to cave in. Over me not buying the extended warranty of all things, like the law says I have to! I give roughly $1K max profit on car price only and nothing more at all. And MSRP means nothing to me. Depends on the market at the time. I use Kelly or NADA guides at the exact time of sale to establish real world price. I buy 'used almost new' to lower costs by thousands as well. That makes MSRP useless then for them to beat you with it.

Really funny watching them question me over not buying the add-on warranty, they just can't imagine someone turning that down. It's like I'm being questioned as to my sanity. When I tell them I can fix anything their guys can they just think I'm crazy.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 AM   #27
Powered-by-FORD
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 174481
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE Silver

Points 5, Level 1
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Powered-by-FORD Good Standing Member
The ford store I bought my 14 Focus from tried but failed at a $8,000.00 attempt in the finance office.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #28
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,268, Level 72
Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered-by-FORD View Post
The ford store I bought my 14 Focus from tried but failed at a $8,000.00 attempt in the finance office.
In the big box stores thats why the F&I ppl make 6 figures +.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 07-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #29
JLokiG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 172937
What I Drive: 2009 Silver Focus SE

Points 543, Level 10
Points: 543, Level: 10 Points: 543, Level: 10 Points: 543, Level: 10
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 JLokiG Good Standing Member
This is why I got mine from a buy here pay here. Yeah she needs some work but it's all minor. Less than $100 in parts. I hate dealers, they are trying to make a living, yes, but unless you have that honest sales associate -- read between the lines.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #30
mikebontoft
Aurelius Pardus

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

Points 23,541, Level 94
Points: 23,541, Level: 94 Points: 23,541, Level: 94 Points: 23,541, Level: 94
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
well that sucks, but at least you had some kind of resolution.

back when I bought my jeep a few months ago, they wanted $4800 for it I think. got it dropped to $4200 and was about to sign papers when I noticed it was back up to $4500. In this case, it was just the sale tax and since I had to handle registration myself, it made sense.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parted) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (racecar) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (daily).
ModeratingGeneral Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.