Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 194 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #1931
kudosmog
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 163058
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 kudosmog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm currently looking at ordering a 2014 Focus SE hatchback, manual transmission with SE sport package.

I've been shopping around at multiple dealers and received some good offers but all the numbers they throw at me have me all turned around.

What's a good price before TTL?
Zip code here is 27401

I was trying to get the car out the door for 19000 before incentives/rebates(so after ttl, doc fee etc).

Is this possible?

Also, what are the chances of taking full rebates and applying for ford financing and getting below the 5% standard rate if my credit is excellent. I heard this is a large mark-up item for dealers, where Ford might approve me for say 2%, but the dealer will mark it up to 5% and pocket the difference.

I don't mind them making some money off me, but I'd like to keep it reasonable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #1932
msperber
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80053
What I Drive: SCCA ITA 05 Focus ST racecar

FF Reputation: 3 msperber Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You have a pm
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #1933
Yanik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 165778
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Yanik Good Standing Member
I am new to this forum and in fact to USA (relocated this month from Europe), hence not really sure on how the whole system works. Looking for a Focus SE + sport pack Sedan around 47374, but I can travel even to Chicago/Indianapolis/Columbus, if they offer a much better deal.

I am looking at new (2013-2014) or pre-owned certified Focus with low miles.

What would be a reasonable price for such new one and how much it drops for a similar pre-owned, and if possible, can you please search for a good deal around 47374? Thank you!

Last edited by Yanik; 05-26-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #1934
14Molavi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 130026
What I Drive: SE

FF Reputation: 1 14Molavi Good Standing Member
Check on truecar.com and try different zip codes. The newer used ones might end up being more expensive than the brand new ones.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #1935
revlimiTed
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 165970
What I Drive: 2004 Screming Yellow Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 revlimiTed Good Standing Member
This is such a helpful thread!

I'm currently in the market for a Focus but my local dealership doesn't have any in stock that meet my criteria. Would I be better off going out of town or going down to my local dealership and essentially ordering one through them? Never bought a new car before so this is all new to me. >_<

My zip is 32308 and I'm looking at the following:

2014 Focus SE Hatchback
- 5-speed manual
- SE Appearance Package 201A

Edit: I'm not sure how the incentives/rebates work and if some are automatic or I have to have good credit to qualify for them. I'm currently a college student as well if that's a factor. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by revlimiTed; 05-27-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #1936
Yanik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 165778
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Yanik Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Molavi View Post
The newer used ones might end up being more expensive than the brand new ones.
This is what confuses me a lot... But if this is how some things are done in USA why should I complain? :D I have no problems with getting a new car for the price of used one.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #1937
kudosmog
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by revlimiTed View Post
This is such a helpful thread!

I'm currently in the market for a Focus but my local dealership doesn't have any in stock that meet my criteria. Would I be better off going out of town or going down to my local dealership and essentially ordering one through them? Never bought a new car before so this is all new to me. >_<

My zip is 32308 and I'm looking at the following:

2014 Focus SE Hatchback
- 5-speed manual
- SE Appearance Package 201A

Edit: I'm not sure how the incentives/rebates work and if some are automatic or I have to have good credit to qualify for them. I'm currently a college student as well if that's a factor. Thanks in advance!
There are some incentives you have to qualify for (the current student one for example), but the major ones are automatic.

My area for example, I can get 3,000 automatic rebates if I finance through ford (at like 6% APR), or 2,000 automatic rebates if I finance through a 3rd party (bank, credit union etc), or 1,000 and a special APR through ford (0%, 1.9% depending on length of loan). One of the ford guys here might be able to tell you what you're eligible for in your area.

Then there are the extra incentives you have to apply/qualify for.
There's a link inside here that you have to click and apply for the 500 dollar credit if you're a current student: http://www.ford.com/forddrivesu/
And then you need to bring the certificate and proof (transcript or something) when you buy the car. It also covers recent grads, but I don't know how recent that needs to be.

There's also an additional 500 dollar or 750 dollar credit you can get if you're lucky. You ask for some brochures by mail and sometimes they send you an extra incentive offer. As far as I know it expires in 60 days so if you're ordering a car, I'd wait a little while since the order can take up to 2 months
http://www.ford.com/brochures/

There are some other incentives I've found but I don't know if they stack with the student one.
American Quarter Horse Association: You have to be a member for 60 days(I think) prior to being eligible for this one. The membership fee is 40 dollars per year I believe.
http://www.aqha.com/About/Membership/Benefits/Ford.aspx

There are military appreciation incentives, and even small incentives for being an american express card holder or a member of usaa/allstate or other organizations but I don't have any information on them other than what I got from truecar while searching for a car, so they may be regional.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #1938
Salesguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 147626
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Salesguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
AQHA does not stack with student, military, or farm bureau. Typically direct offers do stack with those types of rebates.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #1939
kudosmog
Focus Enthusiast

Would the brochure rebate qualify as a direct rebate?
Basically, would we be able to use the brochure rebate + student rebate?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #1940
twiggss
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107242
What I Drive: 07 ZX3 Black

FF Reputation: 1 twiggss Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesguy View Post
AQHA does not stack with student, military, or farm bureau. Typically direct offers do stack with those types of rebates.
Does AQHA stack with first time buyer?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->