I'm starting to get annoyed with my Focus - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #41
'13Focus91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117087
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 '13Focus91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brochado View Post
Have you never seen Fight Club?

P.S. - I'm with you 100% but I've learned not to express it here, certain members will call you out for being upset with your car, because you should know it's a perfect machine and you should be happy no matter what you're experiencing.
Eh, they should know its not. Nothing is perfect. They had a brand new 2014 pulled around to the service side because its fuel lines had trash in them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #42
fishin-nole
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99925
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 fishin-nole Good Standing Member
I'm out!
1.71 60ft.
12.68@106
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #43
helpplease
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 153106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus silver

FF Reputation: 1 helpplease Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by '13Focus91 View Post
I took my car to the dealer last week for an oil change and I mentioned to them that the DCT had started acting up that week. They kept it from last Thursday until today. They replaced both inner input shaft seals and updated the software. Its still doing it, and on my way home I was going through a rather busy intersection and it lost power. It quit pulling in the middle of an intersection with traffic whizzing by at 55 MPH. I'm really getting fustrated with it. They supposedly "fixed" it. It seems like it worse now that what it was. The worst part is its got less than 13,000 miles on it.

I contacted my dealer today to let them know I was bringing it back in for the same issues to be sure they could fit me in.

It's gotten worse since Monday, I left for work this morning it wouldn't shift out of first gear and I wasn't even on an incline. I stopped put it back in park and shut it off then started it again all was fine. Then I was getting ready to make a left turn I got a green turn arrow and it would just barely move under its own power until after I was done turning. I tried to avoid having to stop the rest of the way and hills just to make it to work.

I'm starting to get annoyed with this car. It's less than a year old with only 12,800 Miles on it. My dad has no problems with his 2008 Ranger nor does my mom with her 2012 Focus.
lemon law situation. Get it on the books now before 18 months is up. My 2012 is still giving me problems despite being to the dealer four times. I have 27500 miles on the car. I have had it over 18 months so difficult to get replaced via lemon law. Ford should be ashamed
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #44
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
You have a point, but my dad would have to agree since hes my cosigner on the loan.
show your Dad the hundreds of posts here, then have him look at Edmunds town hall forum and at fords on focus facebook page under "posts by others", then if not convincing enough, he can look at the lemon law blog.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #45
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Quote:
I took my car to the dealer last week for an oil change and I mentioned to them that the DCT had started acting up that week. They kept it from last Thursday until today. They replaced both inner input shaft seals and updated the software. Its still doing it, and on my way home I was going through a rather busy intersection and it lost power. It quit pulling in the middle of an intersection with traffic whizzing by at 55 MPH. I'm really getting fustrated with it. They supposedly "fixed" it. It seems like it worse now that what it was. The worst part is its got less than 13,000 miles on it.

I contacted my dealer today to let them know I was bringing it back in for the same issues to be sure they could fit me in.

It's gotten worse since Monday, I left for work this morning it wouldn't shift out of first gear and I wasn't even on an incline. I stopped put it back in park and shut it off then started it again all was fine. Then I was getting ready to make a left turn I got a green turn arrow and it would just barely move under its own power until after I was done turning. I tried to avoid having to stop the rest of the way and hills just to make it to work.

I'm starting to get annoyed with this car. It's less than a year old with only 12,800 Miles on it. My dad has no problems with his 2008 Ranger nor does my mom with her 2012 Focus.

You brought your car in for an oil change and in passing mentioned about the DCT acting up and they replaced your seals? What a load of crap. Not what you did but I went on a test drive with two techs from two different dealerships and showed them the massive clutch clip and power loss mine had and both made excuses and basically refused to do anything other than a software update.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #46
12mk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 152842
What I Drive: 12 Tux Black Metallic Hatch Ti 401a

FF Reputation: 1 12mk3 Good Standing Member
Thumbs down

Scary thread is scary to this new owner of a used '12 DCT Hatch.. I hope you guys have better luck in the future.
HN#55
Old 04-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #47
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
You brought your car in for an oil change and in passing mentioned about the DCT acting up and they replaced your seals? What a load of crap. Not what you did but I went on a test drive with two techs from two different dealerships and showed them the massive clutch clip and power loss mine had and both made excuses and basically refused to do anything other than a software update.
you can go to three dealers and get 3 completely different answers.

Then as if thats not bad enough, you can get 5 more ideas on this board like "drive it like you stole it", snorkel delete, yadda, yadda, yadda

ford needs to fix this mess and ford owners need to stop making excuses for it.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #48
chemistkremer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 131121
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chemistkremer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12mk3 View Post
Scary thread is scary to this new owner of a used '12 DCT Hatch.. I hope you guys have better luck in the future.
This is a scary thread...

Watching this forum for the past few months has become my lunchtime activity, and I have to admit that it's interesting to see someone's experience go from good to bad in a short span of time.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #49
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi all,

I just want to remind you if you're experiencing vehicle concerns, please make an appointment with your Ford Dealer and the shoot me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership; I'll look into available options on my end.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #50
'13Focus91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117087
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 '13Focus91 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
It's ridiculous. I've had my car back two weeks and its acting up again. I'm to the point of driving it into the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
you can go to three dealers and get 3 completely different answers.

Then as if thats not bad enough, you can get 5 more ideas on this board like "drive it like you stole it", snorkel delete, yadda, yadda, yadda

ford needs to fix this mess and ford owners need to stop making excuses for it.
The sad part is that they don't seem like they care.

Bookmarks & Social Networks