First 2015 Ford Focus Photos Leak Ahead of Official Debut - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #131
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,143, Level 34
Points: 3,143, Level: 34 Points: 3,143, Level: 34 Points: 3,143, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettetrn View Post
Nice lines, nice interior.

Grill & Tail lights - I'm not a fan of chrome grill and still not a fan of the tail lights. Specifically, the taillight side is too long and doesn't add to the lines of the Focus.

Body - I light hatchbacks, but sport wagon would be nice option. Bring back the 2-door Hatchback.

Tranny - A 6-speed manual would be welcomed along with better peddle positions. Gas pedal is way to close to the floor board in comparison to clutch and brake....would make for better heal toe shifting.

Interior - Glad the Microsoft My Touch is gone. A stronger A/C is needed as well. I'd prefer a better back seat design. Especially for back support...my family hates road trips because of it.
Sounds like quite the dream Focus. I encourage you to share your ideas here at Ford Social, where you'll also be able to read the ideas of others.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #132
loki993
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82968
What I Drive: 13 Red SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 loki993 Good Standing Member
My thoughts...honestly I was hoping for a bit more.

The car itself looks good, maybe a little more subdued then the current model but not too much...I actually like the front end..I may be able to do without all the chrome but that's an easy fix.

2 gripes and they're big ones

First....why not get rid of the 2.0 NA and just make the 1.5 ecoboost standard....more power better fuel economy..seems like it should be a no brainer. At the very least make it an option..id pay extra for it. Really not sure why they're avoiding this engine so much in North America....the comparable Chevys all have turbos now at least as options.

Second....for the love of all that holy give us the 6 speed MT!!!! We're going on 2015 now...what other car offers a 5 speed manual? Base model Cruzes have a 6 speed. My girlfriend drives a sonic, auto mind you, but still 6 speed....her car turns nearly 1k less RPM at 80 then my car does.....at 80 her car just glides down the road..mine sometimes feels like it screaming.

I know there are people saying bring the diesel....but honestly I don't see it happening. Diesel used to be cheaper then regular, at that point going diesel made sense, now its usually more expensive then premium. Take that and add the significant added cost of optioning a diesel and your never going to make that money back in fuel economy savings.

Also the fuel economy gap between gas and diesel is getting smaller as well. Gas engines have significantly improved their mileage while diesels have pretty much stayed the same..or even given up a few MPG for increased performance. Its just not worth the tradeoff anymore.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #133
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 5,811, Level 49
Points: 5,811, Level: 49 Points: 5,811, Level: 49 Points: 5,811, Level: 49
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
^^ I agree with the six speed and 1.5 as an option, but the 2.0 is an excellent standard engine. Probably the best in class. An optional 1.5 would be nice as competition for the Mazda3's optional 2.5, but it would probably be low volume.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #134
ChalupaJones
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110818
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

Points 2,573, Level 30
Points: 2,573, Level: 30 Points: 2,573, Level: 30 Points: 2,573, Level: 30
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 2 ChalupaJones Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
^^ I agree with the six speed and 1.5 as an option, but the 2.0 is an excellent standard engine. Probably the best in class. An optional 1.5 would be nice as competition for the Mazda3's optional 2.5, but it would probably be low volume.
I'd be happy to pay more for a 2.5 in a focus.
Military crew, Blue Focus Crew, Chalupa Crew #1
Old 04-12-2014, 12:40 AM   #135
dmgslc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111089
What I Drive: car

FF Reputation: 1 dmgslc Good Standing Member
Overall, they did a good job. I'll have to see it in person to get the details. One thing I'm unsure of is the under the taillights it seems a little long and more flat back there. Seems plainer in a way. The front is nice.. I think an under body spoiler would add some aggression. The chrome grill is a cop's laser magnet.. hopefully you can get a black sport trim.

I'm impressed for what you get considering the competetion. Good job Ford! The front is nicely sculpted and proportionate.. and the rear end keeps the original details but making the taillights sleaker and norrower.

They now fixed the protruding center console some and added some cubby space. Things I didn't like with the current Focus on my test drive - interior felt gimicky. No place to put anything. Center tunnel took major knee room. Shifter was too far to the right. Cheap headliner and useless sunglass holder. Doors not good resting spot for elbows. center storage area was odd.. you had to life up a tray to go underneath? Wtf... But the car drove wonderfully and twice it's price.

The interior looks much more classsy and upscale now.. no strange angles that jut out and more in line with VW's. One oversight that drives me crazy is no LOCKING glovebox! with theft.. why not put something so simple in?

I love that the rearview camera is standard.. yay! Please bring back more BOLD colors for all trim levels.. Yellow? Candy red in Ti? Green? something..

My dream list... a VW type 1.8T engine. (not so certain w/ the 1.0) that can get out of it's own way.. and they still get low 30's. A small engine has to work harder negating any MPG's. A 1.6 would be nice. :-/

Still excited though.. def. on top my list. There's really nothing out there that excites me except for the new Golf, Mazda (plainer looking, road noise is higher?), and civic si (engine and tranny, no utility though)

Last edited by dmgslc; 04-12-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #136
Darthenstein
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63587
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES

Points 1,534, Level 22
Points: 1,534, Level: 22 Points: 1,534, Level: 22 Points: 1,534, Level: 22
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Darthenstein Good Standing Member
I love it -- I think I have found my next new car!

Ford: Taurus ('91, 01) Focus ('09); Mercury: Sable ('95); Dodge: Neon ('95); Trek: 1000SL ('07) Yamaha: VStar 650 ('03)
Old 05-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #137
rcadd1ct
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88500
What I Drive: 2013, Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 rcadd1ct Good Standing Member
I want an all wheel drive ecoboost to rival the subaru's

Put the awd escape drivetrain in the focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks