Replace the egr valve w/ Massive's delete plate & no heat - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #11
dooor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51395
What I Drive: 2007 se stick

FF Reputation: 1 dooor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Suggest using a garden water hose, low pressure, to burp the heater hose and core. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phestezio View Post
Yeah, I talked to KDog about it and he hasn't had that issue but he also says it sounds like air in the system. Air in fluid can be tricky to get out sometimes I really think its that, especially since you told me you drove it that it didn't overheat except for once when it went up to 3/4 on the gauge and went back down after 60 seconds. It seems like air got caught on the thermostat and wouldn't open soon enough because of the air pocket. From all the symptoms it really seems like its just some pesky air.

Now if we could just figure out a good way to bleed it that ensures that ALL air is out of the system.
Well, I went over to my buddy's shop after work & he put the cooling system under a vacuum & wow, a big air pocket, & I thought awesome now I have heat. But no heat, so I'll figure it out tomorrow. I already went thru 2 gallons of that motorcraft Gold coolant at 16.00 a gallon.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97562
What I Drive: 2007 Oxford White ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Phestezio Good Standing Member
Hmmm so you did have a big air pocket in there, i'm glad my thoughts on putting it under vacuum worked but its still strange you don't have heat, maybe there is still air in the heater core? I would use some cheaper coolant that will get expensive quick.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #14
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Update on my no heat/defrost. I Took the car to a shop that my work uses, to change out the pcv hose & add a egr delete plate. Picked it up monday afternoon & no heat, so they said bring it back wed or thursday. I dropped it off thursday morning & they replaced the t-stat on saturday morning & couldn't figure it out, so monday my buddy to it to ford. ford replaced the t-stat, cause they didn't know what brand or temp went in. Still nothing w/ the motor up to temp & not over heating. Found the heater hoses weren't hot, so removed all the hoses & found a cap in the plastic T right after the t-stat. Removed the cap & now have heat/defrost= yipee. I cause me $450.93 for that & the 1st shop charged me $200. So I'm going down to the 1st shop tomorrow & see what they say. I asume the rubber cap was used to cap off the heater hose to keep it from spewing all over the floor & they forgot about it & reinstalled the heater hose & the rubber cap went down the hose to the T section & got stuck.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #15
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
that would have been hard to guess
Old 03-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #16
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

I agree, that would have been hard to figure out without just tearing into it. The kind of things that happen at shops sometimes amazes me. Glad it got fixed though
Old 03-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #17
Gherkin
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 126530
What I Drive: 2010 Isotope Green Birkin (Lotus 7)

FF Reputation: 1 Gherkin Good Standing Member
An old roommate of mine helped a friend of his install a fresh pro-built high performance engine in his VW bus. The bus owner went all out with a bigger oil cooler, all new hoses and electrical components. The busses are pretty simple so the install took a few hours and the guys drove his new hopped up ride out to lunch and the engine seized on the way home! The owner went to the builder and tore him a new one, after a lot of yelling the builder warrantied another engine but it took him a few days to build it. The bus owner started tearing out the bad engine only to find that my roommate had left the plugs in the new oil cooler and just shoved the new hoses on and clamped them up, no oil flow in an air cooled engine.

The bus owner came clean to the engine builder and ended up getting a good deal on the replacement engine, my roommate didn't chip in a dime...
Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #18
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
Good to know felix I'm going to find my egr delete kit and take that damn plug off right now.........you said it was the "t" fitting?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #19
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz2010focus View Post
Good to know felix I'm going to find my egr delete kit and take that damn plug off right now.........you said it was the "t" fitting?
HEY, there's no plug for the egr plate. My issues were caused by a shop that put a rubber cap into the end of a heater hose & forgot about it & reinstalled the hose & the rubber cap slid down to the T section & pluged off the heater.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #20
Phestezio
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah his issue was caused by the shop that installed it, the massive kit does not come with any kind of plug like that. If you follow my write up on how to install it you shouldn't have any real issues. Just don't plug something thats not supposed to be plugged and forget about it haha.

Bookmarks & Social Networks