Anyone have K&N Typhoon + FSWerks Stealth? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #11
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglethese View Post
They will beat the average economy car and a full size truck.
The k24 Honda civic doesn't have to much on us. I think it was 1 car length in front just as I hit 4th
Bringing this point back up, our cars are slower than a lifted 2002 V6 F-150 Supercab on 33's.

Go with the stealth, even the stealth is not that quiet and will yield you the same gains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #12
Conflicted Chaos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118009
What I Drive: 05 Focus ZX4 Sedan - 94 Accord VTEC

FF Reputation: 1 Conflicted Chaos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have the FSWerks cold air intake and race exhaust, and it was loud and sounded intimating, especially for a four cylinder. The exhaust didn't overpower the sound of the intake though you could still hear the air suction when you hit the gas pedal. Now that I put on a header the exhaust system is loud as F$@# and I might look into getting the stealth section for my car. I did have a k&n intake in my last car with a magnaflow catback and it sounded incredible, but that was a 6 cylinder sports coupe so I really can't speak for the Focus with a stealth system because I haven't heard one yet. The FSWerks Stealth system with the k&n cai should be good you probably won't get too much attention unless you rip on it. Don't put on a header and you'll be alright lol.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 AM   #13
Conflicted Chaos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118009
What I Drive: 05 Focus ZX4 Sedan - 94 Accord VTEC

FF Reputation: 1 Conflicted Chaos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
And another thing, our Focus cars sound much better with an exhaust than any other "economy" 4 cylinders on the market. People are impressed with my exhaust sound and can't believe that its coming from a Focus and not something with a bigger engine. A lot of doubters underestimate these cars. Use it to your advantage when racing.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:31 AM   #14
yellowhatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 126730
What I Drive: 2006 Yellow Focus ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 3 yellowhatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
Bringing this point back up, our cars are slower than a lifted 2002 V6 F-150 Supercab on 33's.

Go with the stealth, even the stealth is not that quiet and will yield you the same gains.
That's true but at 2600lbs things can only get better. You gotta admit the Focus takes well to mods (even n/a) unusually well. We are one hot (and readily available) setup away from destroying "heavier" fast cars on the track without having to worrying about diminishing returns (aka weight). For 136HP on a 2.0 the car does pretty good for what it is. Read about some guys running 15.7 in the 1/4 with a 2.0 and I am sure the 2.3 can do even better so yeah with a good driver we can get close to stock K-series times. But back to exhaust, the quietest (basing from soundclips I have heard) is the HKS SVT setup, when I fired up the car I could barely tell a difference from stock (just faintly deeper) and I am now looking forward to getting a header and tune. Perhaps even stage 1 cams now.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #15
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Go stage 2 and do not look back. Speaking of exhausts, you can always use the SVT exhaust if you have a ZX3. I used one in my sedan even, that is the exhaust I run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qvre850ZCI

Bookmarks & Social Networks