replace Alternator, HELP PLEASE (Barrie,ON) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Canadian Fanatics

Canadian Fanatics Serving the British Columbia, Alberta, Northwest Territory, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia provinces.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
poserjr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118571
What I Drive: 2000 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 poserjr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well I'm not sure if it's fixed yet but I'm hoping it is. When the light was on I had someone sit in the car while I wiggled a bunch of wires and it still stayed on. Then I went back under the car and pulled on the tensioner to see if it would release back all the way. It seemed to have a little bit of slack still when I released it. So I pulled back on the tensioner a bit to tighten the belt more. Now I've been driving my car for 2 days and the light has NOT came back on. So i'm hoping that I either fixed the problem when I wiggled wires or by tightening the belt. It only seemed to come on when I was idling at a stop sign or red light. That's what made me think to check the belt too because it slows down when in idle. I don't want to start tearing the loom on the positive battery cable apart just yet. Right now the light is off lol if it comes back on then I'll get right in there and check the wiring more in depth. So everyone say a prayer that I fixed it somehow. lol If it comes back on I'll be posting again, hopefully not though. :~)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
cheap sleeper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59848
What I Drive: 2001 black zx3

FF Reputation: 3 cheap sleeper Good Standing Member
That loom is only 12 inches long and comes off very easy. (It's split the whole length). It'll take you 5 mins to remove, inspect cables, and put back. But Im glad your ride is running for now bro!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
poserjr
Focus Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure I figured it out. I pulled back the tensioner to see if it would release all the way back. It seemed to not spring back all the way. So I pushed it a centimeter back so the belt was pulled all the way. Once I did that the light has not came back on since. I did that about 2-3 weeks ago so I guess that was all that was wrong, just the tensioner didn't spring back the whole way. :~) Now I think my catalyic converter is screwed. My engine light has been on for 1-2 yrs cuz of the cat. I never replaced it because it always ran fine. But now the car seems to be chugging when you accelerate. You step on the gas and it doesn't want to go or take a second to kick in. So I think it's finally pooched. I'm trying to figure out if I can take the cat off and drive without it on for a month or so until I can afford to fix it. If anyone knows or knows how to remove it i'd appreciate the info. Thanks for everyone's help. :~) I'm sooooo grateful to the creator of this website.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #14
poserjr
Focus Enthusiast

It was the tensioner, it's all fixed now. :~)

Bookmarks & Social Networks