Questions for Focus Electric Owners - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus Electric

MK3 Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Questions for Focus Electric Owners

So, now that you guys have had Focus Electrics for awhile, what are your thoughts and observations? What kind of range is typical?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Yakers
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105392
What I Drive: 2012, green, Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 Yakers Good Standing Member
Had ours a month and 1000 miles, my wife absolutely loves it. We have not figured out its full range yet. we must do a lot of local driving since we often don't use our gas car maybe once a week. We are getting a 240 charging system installed and that will help although 110 AC has worked for us so far. Great city car or second car. We still need something to pull our trailer so it can't be our only car but surprising how many local trips it covers. Seriously good build quality. Just a good car.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakers View Post
Had ours a month and 1000 miles, my wife absolutely loves it. We have not figured out its full range yet. we must do a lot of local driving since we often don't use our gas car maybe once a week. We are getting a 240 charging system installed and that will help although 110 AC has worked for us so far. Great city car or second car. We still need something to pull our trailer so it can't be our only car but surprising how many local trips it covers. Seriously good build quality. Just a good car.
Thanks for the feedback! I think the Focus Electric is the sharpest looking EV on the road today, except for maybe the $100k Tesla, which is just a little bit above my budget LOL.

Enjoy your car!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
DanHoll
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104668
What I Drive: 2012 Frost EV & 2012 Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 DanHoll Good Standing Member
I got my Focus EV last June and have close to 6000 miles during warm and mild weather I easily get the rated 75 miles - probably could get more by careful driving. My normal mileage is 4 miles per kWh.

Now that weather is cooler 30s and 40s in Rochester NY range has dropped into the 60s - about 3 miles per kWh. The heater heats both the inside of the car and the batteries which has a definite affect on the range.

Great car we love it! Plenty of range for the driving we do - usually 30 to 40 miles a day
Old 12-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98139
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 Spare Good Standing Member
That is exactly what happened to me. Summer driving with AC 4 miles per kWh. Winter driving, low 30 degree temps, 3 miles per kWh. Like you I have adequate range for my commute, 40 miles one way.
Got mine 5/29 and now have over 10,000 miles of driving. The car has been excellent. Zero problems. My one issue is with MyFordMobile. The car and the website have sporatic connection issues. Currently I have not been able to connect for 8 days.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This makes me want to get one for the wife. She drives short distances. On the C-Max Energi you can turn the car on while it's plugged in and get it warmed up, windshield cleared, or cooled off on house power- have any of you tried that? Does it have that function?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
boardliquid01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114884
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Ford Focus SVT EAP

FF Reputation: 1 boardliquid01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
This makes me want to get one for the wife. She drives short distances. On the C-Max Energi you can turn the car on while it's plugged in and get it warmed up, windshield cleared, or cooled off on house power- have any of you tried that? Does it have that function?
Not to bring up an old thread but yes, yes you can. All of the new plug in vehicles have the MyFord mobile app feature. You can "remote start" the car anytime it is plugged in.

Bookmarks & Social Networks