Forced Induction Cam Thread - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #81
thisdude_05
Thou shall fear me!

Fan#: 50808
What I Drive: 2009 Scion tC

FF Reputation: 27 thisdude_05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Wow...I just read through this whole thread. There are some interesting points in this. I'll be the first to say I know very little about cars but I'm steadily learning thanks to FF. I see alot of people quote magazines and other peoples opinions and get bashed for doing so. If you find info from another source don't take it to be your own, give credit where it is due. You can really tell this by looking at earlier posts from some of these guys who really don't know much and then a few posts later, wow all of a sudden he's a freakin' genius.

My thoughts on cams is simply how Tom put it. It doesn't make sense to spend $350+ on cams when you can just turn up the boost +1 for free...and get the same results...especially when you are on a budget like me.

I'm not bashing any person in particular but if you get offended by this.....then you are one of those guys I was talking about.

Thanks for reading.

Adrian
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #82
liquid01
Focus Addict

Fan#: 252
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 modded--Just a touch

FF Reputation: 3 liquid01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Has anybody heard of the gains for the foci from Esslinger cams??? And how about under pressure????What a thread I just read the entire thread. I cannot believe I missed it...

There is alot for many peple to understand when building a motor to breath in and exhale for power. Something simple is to just throw in some cams,lash, tune and time them,, A deg. wheel how many people even know what that is. Little lone know how to bolt one up to a twin cam motor.... Then maintain BOTH intake and exhaust from moving around when timing them.
Lift
Duration
Angle
Hmmmmm.....
Old 02-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #83
TexasFoCi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118867
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 5 Speed with 255,000 Miles

Points 777, Level 14
Points: 777, Level: 14 Points: 777, Level: 14 Points: 777, Level: 14
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 TexasFoCi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
From what I've researched tonight. THe powerworks Roots type blower needs a cam with at least 10 degrees higher exhaust duration than intake and about 112 lobe seperation. From reading on the specs on our cams, the Durations for intake and exhaust seem to be the same on almost all.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #84
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,320, Level 100
Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
You will see very little gains from adding cams with a SC , to add cams and do it right your looking at

Cams
Adj Cam gears
Dyno time to adjust cams
Retune ( If you have tune from me this would be free )

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.