Great Polish/Sealant - Wax Combo - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
2014SESPORT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 121361
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford White Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 2014SESPORT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great Polish/Sealant - Wax Combo

I really suggest to those of you who like using a sealant than going over that with a carnauba wax to give the Liquid Glass polish, which is actually a sealant a try then put a coat of the Collinite 845 as the final step. I have used everything and am a huge fan of Meguiar products but after reading a thread on the auto geek forum I purchased each product and I am a believer. I will still use my Yellow Wax Meguairs for in between clean ups but for paint protection, this is my new combo.

I did my '14 two weeks ago; we have had a fair amount of snow lately. I have not had to many opportunities to spray the car off as it has been getting into the lower teens and colder at night. I did spray it off last Sunday and the grime from the road sprayed right off and in all seriousness it looked like I hand washed the car after it dried. The beading is top notch as well.

I am going to do my wife's 2013 Ruby Red SE this weekend and will post some pics. I am really impressed with this combo and it is very easy to use. Pics wil be coming. I just wanted to throw this out there as it seems a majority of us on the East Coast has been getting snow, thought would share my good fortune using these products.

Wife - 2013 Focus SE - Ruby Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
So yea the carnuba wax would be the actual LSP. The sealants are synthetic. That'd work w/ your new paint being smooth, to start w/. I like using a polish, then a glaze & then a nano or a polymer sealant & then a carnuba wax. Yea, more steps vs a combo or hybrid cleaner/wax.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 07-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
ZippyZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46007
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 ZippyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Just started buffing my car between rain storms (No Garage) and will be using Duragloss 111 topped with a coat of S100.

Call me weird, But I love the smell of the S100.

Tim
Old 07-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
onlycodered
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 149570
What I Drive: '09 Vista Blue SES coupe 5spd

FF Reputation: 4 onlycodered Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This is usually what I do. The sealant I use though is Blackfire Wet Diamond but it looks so good I don't even bother topping it with a carnauba wax anymore. It was easier when I was single to take care of my car. Now I have to balance the lady and the car though not to mention trying to keep her car in good condition. Haha
Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlycodered View Post
This is usually what I do. The sealant I use though is Blackfire Wet Diamond but it looks so good I don't even bother topping it with a carnauba wax anymore. It was easier when I was single to take care of my car. Now I have to balance the lady and the car though not to mention trying to keep her car in good condition. Haha
Yea I read that the Blackfire is good products, never used it. Thats when you get your gf/wife into the cars also.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
onlycodered
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Yea I read that the Blackfire is good products, never used it. Thats when you get your gf/wife into the cars also.
Haha she's tried driving my Mustang and Focus so far (both manual) and that's about as far as she's gotten with cars. I've had my Blackfire Wet Diamond stuff for about 4 years now and it still works fine. A+ for shelf life in my book.

EDIT: I take that back. My fiancee has gone with me to a bunch of Mustang cruises, car shows, and even a Watkins Glen weekend event. She's been more than supportive about my addiction at least.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #7
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Thats great your g/f is involved in the meets & outings & get to meet & see cars/ppl. Looks like you found something w/ the blackfire sealant. Do you use their polish/compounds also? And what buffer do you have? I was thinking of getting a Rupes Duetto, I don't know if that is better then the PC/Megs or GG6.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
onlycodered
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Thats great your g/f is involved in the meets & outings & get to meet & see cars/ppl. Looks like you found something w/ the blackfire sealant. Do you use their polish/compounds also? And what buffer do you have? I was thinking of getting a Rupes Duetto, I don't know if that is better then the PC/Megs or GG6.
I've been using the Porter Cable 7424XP for all my work. Meguiars has been my go to brand as far as polishes go. I especially like using their Microfiber DA system. I pretty much use that exclusively now. It does a heck of a lot more work than comparable foam pads. They also have polishes that are formulated specifically for their microfiber pads which work better.

Here's the starter kit on DetailedImage:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiar...nus-P518/5-S1/

Bookmarks & Social Networks