Billet project feeler... - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91693
What I Drive: 2000, Dirt Metallic, Kona ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 gun_runner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
This will be cool for people who want to do stock location replacement. I'm still more interested in a duretec location tray but that's not as straight forward as the zetec one.

You want your battery like this, right?

Btw, that's what an actual dirty engine bay looks like lol. Can't stand when I see people post pictures and say "sorry about the messy engine bay" when there is all of about three days dust on it over the show quality detail job lol. Took off my cold air intake for the three days of rain that we got this winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #22
PumkinSvt
Dat Bewst Life!!

Fan#: 46561
What I Drive: 10 Forte DD,Comp SVTF

FF Reputation: 28 PumkinSvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
yea thats where I want mine

HKS||Garrett||TopSpeed||Tial||Massive||
Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #23
ferret15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83494
What I Drive: 03 zx3 and a screeming yellow eap

FF Reputation: 2 ferret15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
grab a duretec box from the junkyard. worth a shot and its cheap.

Looks like you will need to extend the cables (which there is more than one way to be lazy about that) I would see if they reach if you flipped the battery around, then find a battery with flipped terminals.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #24
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
grab a duretec box from the junkyard. worth a shot and its cheap.

Looks like you will need to extend the cables (which there is more than one way to be lazy about that) I would see if they reach if you flipped the battery around, then find a battery with flipped terminals.

Using a plastic box is what we are getting away from. I checked, and you can use the stock wires, you just have to undo some of the tie downs, and change the small ground strap from fender to one of the shock tower bolts or something. No need for a different battery.

I'm going for strength and simplicity here. So no stock plastic boxes, and no complicated rewiring or using different batteries.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:40 AM   #25
ferret15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83494
What I Drive: 03 zx3 and a screeming yellow eap

FF Reputation: 2 ferret15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Simple suggestion since you havent' prototyped a duratec mount in the zetec bay. might be easy to check the junkyard and get some mounts/trays to see if they bolt in easy enough. You could open your customer base to all the 04-07 duratec and maybe get a few more guys on bored. As well as few people like pumpkin looking to move the battery out of the way.

Also the battery thing was just be looking at and thinking the wires weren't long enough. they make the same battery so you could rotate it 180 degrees and have a few extra inches of cable to work with. Just a thought for anyone needing a new battery anyway.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #26
gun_runner
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
Simple suggestion since you havent' prototyped a duratec mount in the zetec bay. might be easy to check the junkyard and get some mounts/trays to see if they bolt in easy enough. You could open your customer base to all the 04-07 duratec and maybe get a few more guys on bored. As well as few people like pumpkin looking to move the battery out of the way.

Also the battery thing was just be looking at and thinking the wires weren't long enough. they make the same battery so you could rotate it 180 degrees and have a few extra inches of cable to work with. Just a thought for anyone needing a new battery anyway.

Sorry, just on defense right now. Any time I have come up with an idea, I usually get a bunch of people that come in and tell others how to copy it or give them a different option, rather than just shut up.

Those are good suggestions though, thank you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks