SCT Custom Tuning for the MKIII 5M / DCT - Page 44 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #431
shengsri
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118280
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012: White Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 shengsri Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm about to go against a MS3 automatic with a custom turbo, i'll tell you how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #432
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengsri View Post
I'm about to go against a MS3 automatic with a custom turbo, i'll tell you how it goes.
MazdaSpeed 3? Automatic? Do you mean Mazda 3 with automatic and a custome turbo? You will get destroyed.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #433
shengsri
Focus Enthusiast

We'll see...lol
Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #434
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
We'll see...lol
Good luck! My guess is he will put 3-4 cars on you by 80 if he has a propertly set up turbo setup and can get traction. Also assuming you have boltons and a tune.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #435
shengsri
Focus Enthusiast

I have a K&N CAI, FSWerks Stealth exhaust + headers, and Tom's tune. I'll get a clip to you guys when its uploaded.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #436
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Quote:
I have a K&N CAI, FSWerks Stealth exhaust + headers, and Tom's tune. I'll get a clip to you guys when its uploaded.
Nice set of mods! Is it a 5speed? Can you possibly get some 0-60 or 0-100 vids? I would like to know how much faster the car is with the mods so I know if its "worth" spending that much money lol. Since this is my DD that would be about all I would want to do for performance modifications anyways. Will be putting a ST exhaust instead of FSWerks. I like my cars as quiet as possible.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #437
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I like how all the "competitions" tune guy put there .02 in on how everything is wrong about the dyno LOL
1) I tune for 7500 but why take it that high when 99% of the time most run there engines from 2000 to 6500 why beat on the engine to 7500 just to do it

2) The dyno shows the gains I did 3 base line pulls and kept the best of the 3 , engine temps were the same on each run as the owner of the car on my dyno does the driving and he will tell you I held his up a few times till all temps where the same

3) I use 3rd gear so the speeds and the lingering going through the RPM dont put extra ware and tear , as long as all the dynoing is in the same gear the results as what they are , yes 4th gear would show slightly better peek # but there again I want engine safety first

4) I put the line in the dyno to show the gains because the peek # would be off as we took the tuned dyno further up in the RPM to make sure things were safe , I dont care much for peek # as you there maybe 1% of the total time you will own the car , I want good idle , better daily driveability , better over all performance and then peek #

The dyno is what it is and by driving it the owner tells he feels what the dyno shows , as long as the customer is happy with his tune I am happy with it as well

There was no manipulation with the dyno its all there and anyone that knows how to read a dyno can see it is a correct dyno and the gains are what they are and why the line was put just before 6000 to show the gains knowing the peek # the dyno gives would not be fair , make of it what you want , that doesnt change what the gains are from the tune and I dont change your DCT strategy from what it was from Ford and you cant change it back , this is a hugh red flag when you go for warranty

Tom
Your post is ignorant. Clearly you didn't read the thread because I never once bashed on your tune or process. I commented on the low numbers and that was it. It was your guy that called the chart misleading-not me.

I called it for exactly what it is-a dyno that wasn't pulled to redline. Considering the fact that it wasn't pulled to redline, a person can't speculate on what power 'may' exist there. It's your guy trying to speculate-not me.

Clearly I've stood up for you too many times. This was never an Injected versus SCT or Tom versus Aric. You are the one making that accusation/conclusion-not me.

I don't need your reasoning or excuses as to why you aren't doing pulls in fourth gear because RDC is the business trying to prove why it's 'wrong'-not me.

I already explained the process, you're just trying to justify it. Unlike you, I didn't come into this thread to start crap as you did with mine. I saw the numbers and commented on the fact they were low-that was it-until someone wanted to start imagining what may or may not be there. The fact of the matter is that we don't know because the test wasn't done that far.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 01-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #438
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Ummmm, please show me where I said your name or called you out to have your tail feathers in such a ruffle

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #439
RebelDevilCustoms
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 121353
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE sport

FF Reputation: 1 RebelDevilCustoms Good Standing Member
Dyn, dont be pulling us into it..we didnt say anything here...and u got pm dyn
www.rebeldevil.com
Old 01-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #440
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
So correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a dyno compute HP and torque by resistance so why would it mater if it were in third, fourth, first, or even reverse? The trans is just a torque multiplier to get the car moving. Any links on how a dyno works?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->