2013 TBM Focus SE Sport build thread - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Fan#: 111083
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 7 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnikolich9 View Post
Thank you!! Ya I actually did read that somewhere. I think the issue had to do with the rear coils or something like that. I have looked into springs a little, but then I gotta get shocks too, so we'll see!
you dont need to get another set of shocks for springs, kinda pointless. Mine is lowered on vmaxx springs and my shocks are holding up great. 20k on them. Nickcornell has eibachs and it took him about 20k to run one of the shocks out. but he drives on some rough roads. He is gonna buy ksport coilovers though. Just because he wants it Slammed. He might wait for vmaxx but im not sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
you dont need to get another set of shocks for springs, kinda pointless. Mine is lowered on vmaxx springs and my shocks are holding up great. 20k on them. Nickcornell has eibachs and it took him about 20k to run one of the shocks out. but he drives on some rough roads. He is gonna buy ksport coilovers though. Just because he wants it Slammed. He might wait for vmaxx but im not sure
Not necessarily true. The SE dampers are valved for a much softer spring. Yes, you can install springs and then just wait for the dampers to fail, but that entails pulling your suspension again. I generally recommend ST struts and Ti HP shocks for the best bang-for-your-buck lowered suspension. You'll be .25" from the V-Maxx coils at 2/3rds of the cost and you'll have a much better ride.

Trust. Me.

V-Maxx has also claimed a fix for those of us that already spent our hard-earned money on them and that has yet to come to fruition, so I'm not holding my breath on a 'revised' set of coils any time soon. So far it's just been vaporware, and the lowering springs that you're on show that they haven't really put much work into any of the suspension offerings for the Mk3.

The cars looking good, Ryan. Subscribed for updates, though I catch them in Instagram too

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
Old 12-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
papaacer
Sonic's MK3 Crew #25

Fan#: 111083
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 7 papaacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thanks Duane, yeah vmaxx kinda let me down and am now wishing i woulda gone eibach. We'll see in the near future ;)
Old 12-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
Chadinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46943
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 Chadinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have to agree with Duane on his suggestion. I ultimately went with Sportlines after having the -35mm VMaxx springs for a short time. I'm glad I didn't spend the money to get the VMaxx coilovers. I still haven't heard anything about the -50mmfront springs for the -35mm split kit they talked about a couple months ago.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
rnikolich9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116336
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 rnikolich9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaacer View Post
I'm definitely going to have to do dome mote research then and see what is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Not necessarily true. The SE dampers are valved for a much softer spring. Yes, you can install springs and then just wait for the dampers to fail, but that entails pulling your suspension again. I generally recommend ST struts and Ti HP shocks for the best bang-for-your-buck lowered suspension. You'll be .25" from the V-Maxx coils at 2/3rds of the cost and you'll have a much better ride.

Trust. Me.

V-Maxx has also claimed a fix for those of us that already spent our hard-earned money on them and that has yet to come to fruition, so I'm not holding my breath on a 'revised' set of coils any time soon. So far it's just been vaporware, and the lowering springs that you're on show that they haven't really put much work into any of the suspension offerings for the Mk3.

The cars looking good, Ryan. Subscribed for updates, though I catch them in Instagram too
Thank you!! Your focus is one of my favorites on instagram. Thanks for the subscription too! I'm gona start looking into different spring set ups. I'm not looking for something to slam my car, I'm going for more of the aggressive style and better handling set up.

Mods: 35% tints, Hoen USA head & fog light bulbs, Rokblokz mud flaps, Gluxlite interior LED package, 3M CF vinyl wrapped interior
Old 12-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
rnikolich9
Focus Enthusiast

Well I got bored and had a bit of leftover 3M carbon finer vinyl, so I went out to my car to see what else I could wrap. I decided to pull the cup holder and 12V/heated seat switch assembly out. After prying the top portion with a Flathead screwdriver, I was able to pull out the assembly from its clips. There are also three wire harnesses that you need to unplug underneath.

Name:  1522004_675559909156145_2005886246_n.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  61.2 KB Name:  1479529_675562869155849_657641922_n.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  51.3 KB

next, I took the top piece off from the cup holder portion. There are two screws and a clip on the back that need to be taken out, then it will be loose.

Name:  933935_675562932489176_1686469173_n.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  55.2 KB

Finally, I wrapped the piece, put the cup holder portion back on, and snapped it back into the car. Turned out great and flows with the rest of the wrapped interior. Its amazing how small yet subtle things can completely change the look of a car!

Name:  1549358_675563329155803_352047188_n.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  68.7 KB Name:  1527099_675563182489151_1091571008_n.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  61.3 KB

Mods: 35% tints, Hoen USA head & fog light bulbs, Rokblokz mud flaps, Gluxlite interior LED package, 3M CF vinyl wrapped interior
Old 12-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
fiveofocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60237
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fiveofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnikolich9 View Post
Haha we gotta get a local/Chicagoland area focus crew together! Do you have a link for the knobs?
Yes here's a thread about them. Def make your interior feel classier lol. Anyways if your ever in Indiana or near south side hit me up I have the FS werks race exhaust and snorkel delete with green filter on my car and love it would gladly take ya for a ride or let u drive it to feel the power and sound diff over stock.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #18
fiveofocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60237
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fiveofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286268
Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #19
rnikolich9
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofocus View Post
Yes here's a thread about them. Def make your interior feel classier lol. Anyways if your ever in Indiana or near south side hit me up I have the FS werks race exhaust and snorkel delete with green filter on my car and love it would gladly take ya for a ride or let u drive it to feel the power and sound diff over stock.
Thanks for posting that thread. I found them on ebay, you're right they really do look good. Ill probably pick up a set. Oh that would be awesome bro! I'm away at school most of the year but ill be around this summer. We'll have to roll to shows together

Old 12-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
rnikolich9
Focus Enthusiast

Got the car all cleaned up today. Finally had a warm enough day here in Chicago to wash all the salt away

Name:  carwash.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  76.6 KB

Bookmarks & Social Networks