2002 SVT Budget Build - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #61
ausatz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117782
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ausatz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)

It turned out fairly well except a couple spots you can see the patch through the paint. Considering i did the whole thing with parts around the house id say its a win! This focus has many a more snowstorm ahead of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #62
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wow! That is truly impressive! You definetely do good work!
PNW Crew #45
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - Current
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - For Sale/not for sale/written off/fixing and selling/I dont even know...
Nevin
Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #63
ausatz
Focus Enthusiast

My stock sub was so blown out that i finally decided to get a new one.

I had to do a little chopping of the sub box toget it to fit though.. It took a bit of creativity but the sub finally fit in the box. I covered up the holes i made with fiberglass patches.

The sub actually sounds really nice and im really impressed with how much you can improve the sound for around $20!! Its actually quite loud if your box is properly sealed.
I also got some phillips bright white headlight bulbs and put them in. They arn't quite as bright as I was hoping but they are a bit better i suppose. Probably not worth the $50 but hey, i guess bulbs should be replaced every once in a while anyways.

And finally i decided to put the stock grille back on since some of the paint was chipping from my custom grille and i kind of wanted to go for more of the clean look with the stock grille.

So thats it for now!

Just a quick little update, when i got the car, i set some goals for what i wanted to do to it. Things like window tint, paint the rims, lowered springs, blue LED interior lights/guages to match the car a bit, fixing the coolant leak, possibly roof rack, and general upkeep/maintanence. So far ive painted the rims, somewhat fixed the coolant leak although it does still leak a bit, and am always working on maintaining the car. At this point, id say my goals would be using an upholstry cleaner for the interior, still want window tint, and lowered springs, the LED interiors would be cool if i get time, a roof rack would also be cool but theyre really expensive so idk about that. I want to get the engine to run more smoothly so that will be an ongoing project. I havnt done much with that at all yet as im not the most experienced in that field but i want to work on it. It has a bit of a shudder when i let off the gas and it also tends to give out occasionally at low rpms. I feel like im losing alot of low end power not sure if its injectors? Also some valve tapping when i start it up. Its an ongoing project every weekend and its been fun so far. Im working on cleaning up the body as well. It was pretty rough when i got it so thats another goal.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #64
ItsMcCoy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116137
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey Focus ST, SAP

FF Reputation: 1 ItsMcCoy Good Standing Member
I'm excited about this car!! Amazing score at $1700. I too am 17 and progressively building, but kudos to you for purchasing the car yourself! Amazing work so far. Keep it up! The things you and I are learning from our projects will better suit us later on. Atleast using our cars as experimentation we can only make ourselves mad. Keep at it!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #65
ajpetix
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 132490
What I Drive: 2003 White ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 ajpetix Good Standing Member
Gonna start following this thread because I'll be damned if this isn't motivating for me to find ways to make cheap mods for my own Focus. I love the hydraulic hood lift. I should go to a junkyard and see if I can find a pair for cheap off another car. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what you do next!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #66
termi-on
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118731
What I Drive: 2003 cobra, 2003 svtF

FF Reputation: 1 termi-on Good Standing Member
very nice job on the grille
Old 01-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #67
ausatz
Focus Enthusiast

Hey thank alot guys for the positive feedback!! Ill definitely try to kep you all updated as i go and feel free to give any input or questions that you may have. One of my favorite things is at the end of the day, looking back on your car and realizing that it is unique, it is better than when you started with it, and you did it all on a low budget! You dont need to spend big money on a car to have fun with it!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #68
ItsMcCoy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116137
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey Focus ST, SAP

FF Reputation: 1 ItsMcCoy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausatz View Post
Hey thank alot guys for the positive feedback!! Ill definitely try to kep you all updated as i go and feel free to give any input or questions that you may have. One of my favorite things is at the end of the day, looking back on your car and realizing that it is unique, it is better than when you started with it, and you did it all on a low budget! You dont need to spend big money on a car to have fun with it!
Amen to that. I wish I spent more time trying to find cheaper parts. Being OCD and a perfectionist sucks haha. But in the end I guess its all done right without fault. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #69
GutterStars
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 132754
FF Reputation: 1 GutterStars Good Standing Member
Nice build thread. Loving the mods done on your own, they really make a difference and make you love the car you've created :)
Inspiring me all the way over here in Australia!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #70
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
granted i don't have a 1st gen, i strongly recommend the euro grill. it's so much cleaner looking than the SVT piece. here's a link to show what it looks like: http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery...o=19080&nojs=1

also you do good body work!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks