ST Oil Change ? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #21
okaythen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 120373
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST3 Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 okaythen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxWeinerDogxx View Post
The filter for the ST is the FL-910S. I don't know what the 'S' designator represents, but ford support told me to use an 'S' during an online chat. I get them for about $5-6 at Walmart.
in the manual it says FL-910S square, but in supplemental manual it says FL-910S. I will go with 910S since that's what you guys said.

Thinking about getting oil filter from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FL-...ywords=fl-910s http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FL-...ype=automotive

they are both motorcraft FL-910S but amazon says it won't fit in 2014 focus. Maybe 2014 is too new and it's not in amazon's database? what do you guys think it should work right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen View Post
in the manual it says FL-910S square, but in supplemental manual it says FL-910S. I will go with 910S since that's what you guys said.

Thinking about getting oil filter from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FL-...ywords=fl-910s http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FL-...ype=automotive

they are both motorcraft FL-910S but amazon says it won't fit in 2014 focus. Maybe 2014 is too new and it's not in amazon's database? what do you guys think it should work right?
Amazon isn't updated yet. The manual calls for the FL-910S, that's the filter I've used on my ST. It's correct.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #23
cruzinal38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 137249
FF Reputation: 1 cruzinal38 Good Standing Member
If you want better mpg and performance from your Focus, using AMSOIL synthetic oil and tranny fluids can get you there. Give it a workout for yourself and see why more Focus and others are switching toAMS Love to hear from you.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #24
cruzinal38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 137249
FF Reputation: 1 cruzinal38 Good Standing Member
Get the right filter for your Focus, one that will keep the oil clearer that what you are currently using. AMSOIL Nanofiber technology traps particles down to 20 microns and before , using the bipass filter system. Saves a ton of money in the long run with longer change intervals and protecting the engine for many thousands of driving miles. Check it out. Al.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #25
TheXential
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 128666
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 TheXential Good Standing Member
^lol nice advertisement.
im coming up on 3000, as soon as the weather breaks i will change the oil myself, even though the dealer offered a free change at purchase, i just dont trust them with my car. still trying to figure out brand of oil to go with, i do drive the car hard so full synthetic is a must, but what brand idk.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #26
Fierceintent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117556
What I Drive: 04 infra red Svt, 03 2.3 red sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fierceintent Good Standing Member
Just stick with name brand full synthetic. I would just use either mobil 1 or castrol edge. I just recently put full synthetic in my SVT. I really really really want an ST base model.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #27
SlowFoci
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57945
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 SlowFoci Good Standing Member
Always use a Motorcraft filter. Period. Other filters have been known to break apart and clog oil passages. And if you want to make sure you maintain the warranty, definitely run Motorcraft filters.

As far as oil goes, I would run the Ford synthetic or Mobil 1. Semi-synthetic is fine for normal driving, as previously stated. Amsoil is also very good oil. The problem with other oils is not always the quality but how the manufacturer measures the viscosity. In actuality, all 5w-30 weight oils are not the same viscosity. I am aware this post is slightly redundant.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #28
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Nothing special about a Motorcraft filter, they are rebranded Purolator filters.

I typically use them on all my vehicles because they are the least expensive filter available. About $3 at Walmart.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #29
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103155
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member
Just Changed my oil on the ST for the second time. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic and FRAM extended life filter (it was on sale at AutoZone)

Bookmarks & Social Networks