Upgrading my 2011 Ford Focus SES (With Pictures) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There really isn't much. I would personally think that a lip spoiler would look great but I have not been able to find one.

Here you go: 2010 SES Auto (Which we can assume if fully optioned like mine, leather, subwoofer in trunk, 17" Wheels, moon roof, heated seats, ect) with FSWerks CAI 9.87 Seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlnVSXnbTXM

Vs mine Stock with the intake mod, on Pirelli Run-Flats (NOT a light tire by any means)
Other factors do exist, but for sake of arguement and sound we can ignore that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVZNC1MSg9E

8.9-9.0 seconds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
There really isn't much. I would personally think that a lip spoiler would look great but I have not been able to find one.

Here you go: 2010 SES Auto (Which we can assume if fully optioned like mine, leather, subwoofer in trunk, 17" Wheels, moon roof, heated seats, ect) with FSWerks CAI 9.87 Seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlnVSXnbTXM

Vs mine Stock with the intake mod, on Pirelli Run-Flats (NOT a light tire by any means)
Other factors do exist, but for sake of arguement and sound we can ignore that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVZNC1MSg9E

8.9-9.0 seconds

There is a lip spoiler. Go to the 3d carbon site. Thats the kit Im going to get
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
bugman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98366
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red SES

FF Reputation: 1 bugman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarodV View Post
Thank you! I have recently plasti dipped the rims black as well as the "FOCUS" letters on the back. I plan to get my windows tinted some time soon and then start on the intake and exhaust. I will be sure to keep you updated on this thread with pictures as I go! One last question. For the intake, should it be a k&n COLD AIR intake? Also for the exhaust, should it just be a new exhaust or a whole new exhaust system? Sorry for so many questions. I just wanna get this stuff done correctly before I start cruising with other focuses.
I have the Airaid Cold Air Intake. Some debate whether it's a cold air or not, but since it uses the stock ram air tube I call it that. It does give you a growl when you step on the gas hard but not at idle or normal driving. I haven't upgraded my exhaust yet. Make sure you put in the racing plugs I have in my signature line they definitely helped with performance and mileage slightly.
2010 Sangria Red SES #051 Sedan
Autolite AR 103 Sparkplugs, Ram-Air AIRAID CAI, LED Tails
Old 12-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

I meant to post the lip thing on another post, that's what happens when you have two FF windows open lol.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #25
Blackcat
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104462
What I Drive: 2009 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 Blackcat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
Make sure you put in the racing plugs I have in my signature line they definitely helped with performance and mileage slightly.
You've got dyno numbers to back that up I assume.

So far we've told this kid he needs a $510 exhaust system, a $380 SCT tuner, a $200 "cold air intake" and some $20 (copper) spark plugs. Yes, I understand the difference between copper and platinum plugs and the reasons for each.

So, after spending $1,100+ on "performance mods" he's going to be up what, 8hp, if he's lucky? At least that would be done right, minus "racing" spark plugs, IMO.

Something tells me for what he's after it would be better to just throw the airbox away, put a K&N cone filter on in its place, and cut the muffler off and add a "coffee can" type exhaust tip. Not that I condone ANY of that.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #26
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Your sure feisty for 13 posts. If that's what he wants that is what he wants. If he asked what should I do to make my car the fastest for the cheapest I would of recommended nitrous. Since he asked a DIRECT question about an intake exhaust and spark plugs I/We gave him his answer. If you even were around for more than 13 post's you would know that I am 100 percent against bolt-on's. Since your the mod queen of second gens lets get a run down of your car?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #27
Blackcat
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Your sure feisty for 13 posts. If that's what he wants that is what he wants. If he asked what should I do to make my car the fastest for the cheapest I would of recommended nitrous. Since he asked a DIRECT question about an intake exhaust and spark plugs I/We gave him his answer. If you even were around for more than 13 post's you would know that I am 100 percent against bolt-on's. Since your the mod queen of second gens lets get a run down of your car?

You registered here four months before I did. I bought my car five months before I registered, I didn't see the need to register before I did. A quick search of your earlier posts it's apparent we bought our cars within a week or so of each other, so don't talk down to me on account of my post count. I haven't seen a big need to post a lot over the past year-and-a-half or so.

My Focus has ZERO "performance" mods, the cost-to-benefit ratio is like nil; I have another car that I threw away a bunch of money on for that sort of thing. It's not as if I'm new to the Ford world.

Your post on page 2 says it all, so I don't know why you take issue with my post.

Quote:
Unless you like being that loud obnoxious pecker swinging guy, then by all means swing your 140HP nads.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #28
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

The copper plugs is the only thing I would recommend, there is dyno numbers for it somewhere, I think it through down 5 extra horses. Fords love copper, ran copper in all of my Fords.

I think we are in the same idea. I don't know how much power my Focus puts down but its probably close to 160 at the wheels while staying near stock in sound. If he was looking for a quieter benefiting exhaust the rear lunch box delete would be my recommendation. Might not make the 3HP like Ford claims it does but it adds a little note without being loud. As seen here with mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qvre850ZCI

I apologize for jumping down your throat. Can't express emotion off the internet hard to pick up on social cues.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #29
Blackcat
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
The copper plugs is the only thing I would recommend
An Autolite 104 (the copper version of the stock plug) is 61 cents from Rockauto.

Autolite 103s are $1.07 from Rockauto.

I don't understand the point of a $5 copper plug in a mostly stock Focus where it's a 15 minute job to change the plugs.

As for 104 vs 103, that's a whole other thread.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #30
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

I run the 104's but then again that's because I spray/ed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks