2015 Lincoln MKC Is First Ford Product To Have 2015 Mustang's 2.3 Liter EcoBoost Engine - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Truth be told the mrz is more powerful, has a better aftermarket than the current ecoboost. Bolt-one as simple as a mazdaspeed cai adds 20hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #32
1fastang
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110597
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 1 1fastang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I saw 3 mkc's today with manufacturer plates on them. I couldn't get a pic as that might of ended very bad while driving in a turn. But they looked good and with the popularity the escape has had I think they will be popular as well.

Sent from my EVO using FF Mobile now Free
Old 11-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #33
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Personally, not thrilled by the new Lincoln look - maybe it'll grow on me...

Gonna see a lot more small engines as the mfrs. chase fuel economy while trying to keep the customers happy with the power levels they've gotten used to.

Wonder what we'd be seeing these days if tax & licensing rules around the World hadn't penalized displacement. Large displacement engines running low RPM are pretty efficient - look at Big Rig diesels for a current example. If just SOME of the engineering that went into getting more power from less displacement had gone into efficiency from large engines - the trend in the early years of the automobile...

Just Wonderin'...

S.R. #275

Old 11-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
blank102
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96549
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 blank102 Good Standing Member
A luxury car with a 4 cylinder? No thanks.
It's kinda like Cadillac putting a V6 in one of their models and then wanting $50,000 for it.
Lincoln should stick with 6's and small 8's.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #35
FoFoTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119990
What I Drive: 2014 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 FoFoTi Good Standing Member
with the power their getting out of a 4 cylinder yes - MKZ please !
Old 11-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #36
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
It's not like Ford is pioneering use of something that would reduce drag on the engine like a solenoid operated valves or spherical rotating valves.
Last time I checked, two less sets of pistons/rings/bearings took a bit less horsepower to turn. Equal power, less parasitic engine drag, and actually a better torque curve for most Ecoboost engines when comparing similar HP level engines vs their NA counterparts.
- Jody -
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #37
1fastang
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110597
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 1 1fastang Good Standing Member
Along those lines which many may not of heard of yet, Ford has an ecoboost 3 cylinder engine, available in a fiesta, that puts out the power of a 4 cylinder. They are using technology in that engine that will be used in future engines, per Ford motor co.

A quote from Carroll Shelby
“I think you’re going to see the industry going completely to small engines with turbochargers. That’s the only way you can get the mileage that the government is going to be demanding.”

Last edited by 1fastang; 11-24-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #38
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Personally, not thrilled by the new Lincoln look - maybe it'll grow on me....
the outside styling doesnt exactly thrill me either...they usually win me over with their interiors though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank102 View Post
A luxury car with a 4 cylinder? No thanks.
It's kinda like Cadillac putting a V6 in one of their models and then wanting $50,000 for it.
Lincoln should stick with 6's and small 8's.
lol, you mean cadilac putting a 4cylinder in one of their models and charging $50k because they are doing that too The base engine in the ATS is a 2.5l and they have an optional turbo 2.0l, you can option both out and get close to that $50k.

I'd drive the new CLA45 AMG, its a four banger that is putting out 355hp out of its 2.0L. I dont have a problem with 4cylinders though, they can still be usefull and have enough power for me in a luxury car
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #39
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
The thing about Cadillac is that the cars ARE technically tarted up Chevrolets.... They all share platforms.

The key difference is that the Cadillacs come first and THEN they are watered down and given a bowtie; not the other way around like Ford is doing with Lincoln.

Another thing to realize is that Cadillac has almost NO place in straight up luxury anymore. They cannot afford to compete with the German and Japanese brands so they focused on performance with luxury design. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9faBE_ceJY (Check out the orange peel in the Cadillac's paint!! Its embarrassingly low-quality compared to the Lexus.)

Lincoln is standing above Cadillac as far as "luxury" is concerned but if Ford doesn't prioritize correctly, it will never succeed in the long-term.

Also, I'm calling it right now that the 2.3 won't receive more power for the Mustang. 275hp/300tq is way above the capabilities of the current V6 already and any more power would sacrifice any efficiency gains they might be advertising over the V6. I'm guessing with the new Mustang's light-weight and upcoming 10-speed transmissions, the ecoboost mileage will be astronomical.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #40
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
its still basically a 2.3 duratec you find in the focus everything down to the dipstick has FOMOCO stamp on it.
The block is basically Ford, the head, VVT and turbo system were all built by Mazda, hence Ford hasn't had a 2.3 turbo for 10 years at all.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3

Bookmarks & Social Networks