Mk3 Sedan build thread (Shadowfax) - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #41
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2010SVT: It's just an "EZ-Lip". It only costs like $30. It won mine for free - I took the survey on their website :)

Only thing is the ends closest to the wheels dont stick. So i'm either going to cut some off or something. I'd like to re-do it because I didn't apply it very evenly/symmetrically (the 3m tape). I hope they'll send me another since it didn't stick well enough on the edges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #42
mishka
Focus Addict

Installed the E-Focus RMM last week. It's great! The car feels like the 1st day I bought it in Dec 12'! I can hardly feel it shifting, up or down, at all - much smoother. and the steering wheel isn't as vibratey . so far all around good!

sadly in the last week I've started to get some light grinding and bucking... I think the DCT clutch pack might be going again... sigh

edit: I started hearing grinding noise before I installed the mount

Last edited by mishka; 10-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #43
novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
So you installed the E-Focus RMM and your DCT starts acting up?
Old 10-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #44
mishka
Focus Addict

No I started hearing noises before I switched the mount. I'll stay current on updating any more weirdness *crosses fingers
Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #45
mishka
Focus Addict

Decided to remove the rally stripes: I didn't like the color. If/When I do it again it will be black stripes. The car is dirty so you can see the outline the stripes left :)

Also I also got an exhaust tip for $25 at the store. . The outlet is 3.75 inches. I was looking for no more than 3.5 but thought this one looked good when I tried it out. It's pushed all the way in and think it's pretty flush.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #46
wizar10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116043
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wizar10 Good Standing Member
Nice car MISHKA, i want to instal leds in quarters, can u post the size of them? and if u can a how-to instruction?

This is my 2013 Focus :P

Old 11-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #47
mishka
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizar10 View Post
Nice car MISHKA, i want to instal leds in quarters, can u post the size of them? and if u can a how-to instruction?

This is my 2013 Focus :P

Hey wizar10 thanks! You too :)

Here is the LED's i'm using: https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-base/200/881/

I love them because they have a very unique glow! They are bright but not so bright that you can't stare at them - they are very pretty.

It was very easy to install!
1. Take out the headlight assembly
2. There are rubber plugs in the back of the assembly - you just pull them out and put them back when you're done.
3. The corner light is tricky to get to. I took all of the rubber plugs out and actually used both hands for this - 1 hand in the tiny pocket and the other in the larger pocket to the right. I just used my fingers and eventually got it out. That's all I can say, haha, sorry :/
4. before you put your headlight assembly back in , test the LED's. Plug it into the wire under the hood. Be careful with your headlights :). I use vinyl gloves so i dont smug them or the led's. If the LED isn't working, take it out and put it back in the other way (flip it over 180 degrees) and it will work.
5. put your headlight assembly back in and your done :)

I got some instruction from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ota7...B9FF683F9364BB
But it's difficult to understand so I posted my instruction too.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #48
wizar10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116043
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wizar10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Hey wizar10 thanks! You too :)

Here is the LED's i'm using: https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-base/200/881/

I love them because they have a very unique glow! They are bright but not so bright that you can't stare at them - they are very pretty.

It was very easy to install!
1. Take out the headlight assembly
2. There are rubber plugs in the back of the assembly - you just pull them out and put them back when you're done.
3. The corner light is tricky to get to. I took all of the rubber plugs out and actually used both hands for this - 1 hand in the tiny pocket and the other in the larger pocket to the right. I just used my fingers and eventually got it out. That's all I can say, haha, sorry :/
4. before you put your headlight assembly back in , test the LED's. Plug it into the wire under the hood. Be careful with your headlights :). I use vinyl gloves so i dont smug them or the led's. If the LED isn't working, take it out and put it back in the other way (flip it over 180 degrees) and it will work.
5. put your headlight assembly back in and your done :)

I got some instruction from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ota7j...B9FF683F9364BB
But it's difficult to understand so I posted my instruction too.
Ive seen that guys videos and i cant understand him LOL ill try to do it but im afraid that will scrw it :( hahaha maybe will work with a long tweezeers(?)
like this:
Old 11-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #49
mishka
Focus Addict

I don't think you will screw anything - just be careful when handling the headlight assemblies. When I was putting in my LED's I took my headlight into the house and sat down on the couch with it.

Actually I tried using some pliers too, and it didn't help. And there is more chance to break something using tools I think. So I suggest just keep trying with your fingers :) . If you can't, find someone with long skinny fingers :)
Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
PMTGUY
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107831
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 PMTGUY Good Standing Member
how did you debadge your car?

Bookmarks & Social Networks