Weird Squeak Over Bumps - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #61
cheekedave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103448
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Silver

FF Reputation: 1 cheekedave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Kennedy Ford in Oakville. I have taken mine to a few around this end of town and Kennedy has been the only one who actually seemed like they cared and tried to not beat around the bush.

I live in Milton and its a bit of a drive but I don't mind it when I get serviced well :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #62
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekedave View Post
Kennedy Ford in Oakville. I have taken mine to a few around this end of town and Kennedy has been the only one who actually seemed like they cared and tried to not beat around the bush.

I live in Milton and its a bit of a drive but I don't mind it when I get serviced well :)
Good to know! I'm in Pickering but wouldn't mind ripping down there if I get it all sorted. I'm going to try East Court first (where I bought it) and if I get nowhere I'll try Kennedy.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #63
cheekedave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103448
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Silver

FF Reputation: 1 cheekedave Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNFocusFan View Post
Good to know! I'm in Pickering but wouldn't mind ripping down there if I get it all sorted. I'm going to try East Court first (where I bought it) and if I get nowhere I'll try Kennedy.
Good luck! I took mine to 2 other dealers in the area and said there is nothing wrong before this place found it right away. If you do go here, ask for Alex.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #64
xf7975
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86353
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 xf7975 Good Standing Member
The noise returned for my car. The dealership performed TSB 13-9-9 (http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...sb13-09-09.htm) but the noise was still present. They contacted Ford Engineering and per their advice, the dealership replaced the Strut bearing, Strut Assembly, and performed a 4 wheel alignment. The noise is gone now.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #65
xf7975
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86353
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 xf7975 Good Standing Member
Sadly, the noise returned. Brought it in to the dealership and they provided me with a loaner. After several days of troubleshooting, the tech replaced the passenger side strut bearing and both lower control arm bushings. The tech said the noise remained and had the top tech at the dealership check it out. He found damage to the subframe close to the right front lower control arm. They believe it was due to abuse and the damage will not be covered under warranty. The cost to replace the subframe & lower control arm is around $1600. I decided to think about it more before committing to the repair. I had to pay for the strut bearing and bushings replacement before I can get the car back. On the drive back home, I didn't hear the noise. I guess I'll just wait and see.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #66
klotche
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91834
What I Drive: 2012, Oxford white, Focus

FF Reputation: 3 klotche Good Standing Member
Quote:
I've heard of the front end clunk, but was wondering has anyone experienced a squeak from their suspension?

At first I thought it was because of the extreme cold, but since it's now warmed up obviously there's another cause.

Over larger bumps, even at slow speeds, I'm getting a very distinct squeak from the front end. I took it to the dealer who said everything is tight and there isn't anything wrong. However, I am still getting this intermittent squeak. It sounds exactly like someone jumping up and down on and old couch or mattress. It seems to happen when the suspension has to travel a lot, say over a speed bump or a sudden dip in the road (Not a pothole).

I haven't hit anything, and I can't seem to locate a cause inside. It's definitely not a clunk, it's a squeak.

Anyone else experienced this?
I have the same issue...
I did just record this on a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcIT...ature=youtu.be
Is this what you heard from yours ?

Ford doesn't want to fix my problem. It seems like they can't reproduce the complaint

They once changed all front suspension (4 months ago), I had no more problem, no more noise. But it came back 2 months ago, and they are telling me it's normal. because of dirt. -_-
Old 12-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #67
klotche
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I just wanted to update everyone, my dealer replaced both front strut mounts (he called them strut bearings) and the squeak is gone! Very pleased!
Thank you for the updates !
Old 12-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #68
klotche
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt333 View Post
So it probably took 6 or 7 trips for just this issue, but my squeak over speedbumps etc. is now gone. They replaced my driver and now passenger's side lower control arms which did the trick. Finally, I can drive over a speedbump in a parking lot without the embarrassing super loud creak coming from my car.

The clunky shifting manual transmission is still another thing though...

Now I just need to decide if I want to keep the Focus long term... If so, going to put in some lowering springs knowing that my issue has been taken care of.
good to know you squeaking is gone ... Hope mine will...

I have also the clunky manual transmission... Damn it's getting on my nerves
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #69
klotche
Focus Enthusiast

Update: my dealership told me to come see them as soon as I hear the noise from the suspension. What I did last week was to record a video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcIT...ature=youtu.be ), and I called my dealer so they can send me a tech guy to make a road test ASAP.
The same day, I went to the dealership and a tech guy came for a road test with me and he confirmed that the noise was coming out of front suspension, but told me it was a matter of cold temperature and it would maybe need some grease at some point.
So they gave me an appointment 1 week later (today) because they were way to busy to take care of my car that week.
I went to my appointment this morning, and realised that the noise was gone, because the snow started to melt a little outsite and it seems like getting the front of the car "wet" would lubricate suspension....
Service guy told me they couldn't do anything because the sound wasn't there anymore.
I am pissed, because I did exactly what they told me to do by coming as soon as I hear the noise, and now they're wasting my time, even though I recorded a video.

Will keep you inform of what will happen.
ugggghhhhhhh
Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #70
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
I think it could be weather-related, but that doesn't mean greasing bushings won't help... How cold was it when this was taken?

My car only makes this noise when I drive over railroad tracks (basically a little hill) and it's really cold. I think it does it in suspension extension (going down the railroad tracks).

It did it last week when it was like 21*F (-6*C) but yesterday it was about 40*F (4.5*C) and super-humid and it didn't squeak at all.

Bookmarks & Social Networks