Height, Ground Clearance??? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Focusmx13
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Fan#: 122273
Location: Somewhere, Mexico
What I Drive: Focus 2013 S Stock

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 Focusmx13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Height, Ground Clearance???

Hi guys,

I'm from Mexico and so far what I can say about this car is WOW, i've never owned a new car and was looking for something cheaper and simple but I've got a deal of 1% interest (here we have an average of 12% interest rates) so it was pretty much the same price for this that to pay interest for the fiesta, the vehicle is unmatched in the safety category at this price.


There only one single thing that bothers me, and before anybody say: get a suv, you should've done your homework etc... I love this car and I want to keep it long time!, but the ground clearance is really really low (i'll say about 12mm - 4.8")
Anyway, I want to keep warranty so I'm not considering any big modification (and i dont have the money neither) but I saw on a few webpages that people are using some ruber donnuts spacers that goes betwen the spring coils in hondas among others but not fords..

¿Does anyone have any information about if is possible to use them in the MK3?

I will really appreciate any information!!

Regards!


Focusmx13 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic
 
CunFFS13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117411
Location: Cancun, Mexico
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Posts: 1,603
FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I feel ya pain! You should add to your post that we have a lot of speed bumps down here... These guys from America don't have to deal with them!
Greetings from Cancun
CunFFS13 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
cobie56
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84403
Location: northeastern, NY
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

Posts: 1,558
FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
I feel ya pain! You should add to your post that we have a lot of speed bumps down here... These guys from America don't have to deal with them!
Greetings from Cancun
OMG! Those topes are huge. Especially in the coastal areas. For some reason they don't seem as large in cities in the alti plano. Going slowly over them is a must lest u rip out the bottom of the car
cobie56 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict
 
Ox-y-GenIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 90008
Location: Saint Francis, MN
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

Posts: 995
FF Reputation: 3 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I haven't heard of the rubber spacers but I could offer a little suggestion. Not sure if it'll give you much, but you could put on coilovers and have them raised to the max. I believe that's taller than stock hight. Good luck. Our speed bumps aren't too bad here some are insane but rarely.
__________________
Ox-y-GenIII

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Ox-y-GenIII is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic
 
NickCornell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97233
Location: Indiana, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Race red Focus SEL

Posts: 4,262
FF Reputation: 11 NickCornell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You could probably bump up a tire size too
__________________
#SonicsMK3Crew
Follow #projectstreetdevil on IG @BBNickC
BUILD THREAD: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323533
NickCornell is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
strokerdave
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117429
Location: Buena Vista, Mexico
What I Drive: 2003 Drk Shadow Gry Wagon

Posts: 7
FF Reputation: 1 strokerdave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Welcome to another Focus owner in Mexico! We got our 2003 wagon about a month ago and we love it. Already done the passenger side motor mount replacement, what a difference! Had to replace the tires so went with a 205/65/R15. Definitely made a difference in the clearance. Always extra careful with topes though.
strokerdave is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
cobie56
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84403
Location: northeastern, NY
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

Posts: 1,558
FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerdave View Post
Welcome to another Focus owner in Mexico! We got our 2003 wagon about a month ago and we love it. Already done the passenger side motor mount replacement, what a difference! Had to replace the tires so went with a 205/65/R15. Definitely made a difference in the clearance. Always extra careful with topes though.
welcome to another focus owner from DF...
cobie56 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast
 
ccelaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92465
Location: MTY, Mexico
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

Posts: 155
FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusmx13 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm from Mexico and so far what I can say about this car is WOW, i've never owned a new car and was looking for something cheaper and simple but I've got a deal of 1% interest (here we have an average of 12% interest rates) so it was pretty much the same price for this that to pay interest for the fiesta, the vehicle is unmatched in the safety category at this price.


There only one single thing that bothers me, and before anybody say: get a suv, you should've done your homework etc... I love this car and I want to keep it long time!, but the ground clearance is really really low (i'll say about 12mm - 4.8")
Anyway, I want to keep warranty so I'm not considering any big modification (and i dont have the money neither) but I saw on a few webpages that people are using some ruber donnuts spacers that goes betwen the spring coils in hondas among others but not fords..

¿Does anyone have any information about if is possible to use them in the MK3?

I will really appreciate any information!!

Regards!
Yo sufro cada que voy al DF o Estado de México... y eso que casi siempre viajo solo. No puedo subir a nadie más al carro o pega en todos lados (SE, Sport). No te recomiendo ponerle nada que levante más el carro, simplemente se cuidadoso y busca sacarle la vuelta a los topes... pudieras ponerle una llanta mas gruesa con el mismo rin (la segunda medida (por ejemplo 55, 40 etc) es la proporción de grueso contra el diámetro del rin)... de otra manera empiezas a meterte con la suspensión, además que afectas el manejo del vehículo.

En este foro la gran mayoría busca bajar más el carro (americanos), esto porque además de mejorar la estética del vehículo, tienes el centro de gravedad más pegado al suelo, mejorando el manejo y la estabilidad del carro especialmente en carretera. Es por eso que los autos deportivos son más bajitos.

Espero que te sirva de ayuda.... si quieres mas info mándame un MP

Bienvenido!
ccelaya is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic
 
CunFFS13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117411
Location: Cancun, Mexico
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Posts: 1,603
FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccelaya View Post
Yo sufro cada que voy al DF o Estado de México... y eso que casi siempre viajo solo. No puedo subir a nadie más al carro o pega en todos lados (SE, Sport). No te recomiendo ponerle nada que levante más el carro, simplemente se cuidadoso y busca sacarle la vuelta a los topes... pudieras ponerle una llanta mas gruesa con el mismo rin (la segunda medida (por ejemplo 55, 40 etc) es la proporción de grueso contra el diámetro del rin)... de otra manera empiezas a meterte con la suspensión, además que afectas el manejo del vehículo.

En este foro la gran mayoría busca bajar más el carro (americanos), esto porque además de mejorar la estética del vehículo, tienes el centro de gravedad más pegado al suelo, mejorando el manejo y la estabilidad del carro especialmente en carretera. Es por eso que los autos deportivos son más bajitos.

Espero que te sirva de ayuda.... si quieres mas info mándame un MP

Bienvenido!

What? JK!
Hahahaha
It's time to get our own regional forum!
:)
CunFFS13 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic
 
CunFFS13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117411
Location: Cancun, Mexico
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Posts: 1,603
FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
BTW do you guys (Mx) know of any OEM wheels for sale in your City?
I'm in the market for some wheels!
CunFFS13 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.