Hows this for a fun breakdown, and Ford has no replacement parts avail - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Gemini8026
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94704
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sedan (Silver)

Posts: 35
FF Reputation: 1 Gemini8026 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hows this for a fun breakdown, and Ford has no replacement parts avail

So a few weeks ago I was driving around and noticed my car was getting VERY hot inside. I cranked down the heat, but the air never cooled down.

2012 Titanium with dual climate controls. 27,000km

Anyhow, long story short, after troubleshooting and messing around, I found there to be an issue with my climate controls.

Took it to the dealership and they checked it out. Apparently a motor burned out that controls the vents.

me - "Ok, thats fine, how long will it take to repair, a day in the shop?"

Local Dealership "Well, theres an issue, no one in North America has that part at the moment, so we need Ford to get them in stock and send it out to us, we have no idea how long it will take"

me - "It's getting cold out"

them - "We'll call you when we have the part"

SOOOO..... Right now, the vent is jammed so that only cold air comes out on the driver side. In Saskatchewan last night it was -22.... It's officially winter here. Im officially freezing. It's been 2 weeks and the forecast is to remain somewhat cold.

This really really sucks. I asked nicely for a loaner vehicle, but nadda. Ughh

Warranty covers it, but damn, it REALLY sucks driving wearing a full snow suit with toque and a mitts and having to scrape your windshield from the inside...


Gemini8026 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
tallted
Focus Enthusiast
 
tallted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113572
Location: Sacramento, CA
What I Drive: 2012 blue Ford Focus SEL

Posts: 59
FF Reputation: 1 tallted Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Normally I wouldn't expect them to give a loaner car for something like this, but I live in CA. With it being that cold, they should be setting you up with a car. Its under warranty and should be fixed immediately. Not your fault Ford didn't make enough parts.
tallted is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic
 
Elizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89280
Location: SouthEast, WI
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Posts: 2,583
FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Agree unacceptable: time to take the complaint up the chain of command.
When it is totally Ford's failure to have the part..
Elizabeth is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #4
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 44867
Location: Ajax Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

Posts: 384
FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I call BS. Ask Mr.Nice guy to step aside and introduce yourself from this point on as Mr. Prick , and rattle some chains from the dealer level on up. I gave people one chance to do the right thing thrn I lay it all out.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using FF Mobile
gostinger is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #5
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic
 
CunFFS13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117411
Location: Cancun, Mexico
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Posts: 1,594
FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Really? Ford? You're kidding right!
:)
CunFFS13 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
Deftmetal
Moderator
 
Deftmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105884
Location: Pennant sk, Canada
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

Posts: 6,774
FF Reputation: 7 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
It took from may to October for ford to fix my drivers seatbelt. The car was not drivable
__________________
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Deftmetal is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
misfire
Moderator
 
misfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31379
Location: West Chester, PA
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Posts: 15,678
FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini8026 View Post
So a few weeks ago I was driving around and noticed my car was getting VERY hot inside. I cranked down the heat, but the air never cooled down.

2012 Titanium with dual climate controls. 27,000km

Anyhow, long story short, after troubleshooting and messing around, I found there to be an issue with my climate controls.

Took it to the dealership and they checked it out. Apparently a motor burned out that controls the vents.

me - "Ok, thats fine, how long will it take to repair, a day in the shop?"

Local Dealership "Well, theres an issue, no one in North America has that part at the moment, so we need Ford to get them in stock and send it out to us, we have no idea how long it will take"

me - "It's getting cold out"

them - "We'll call you when we have the part"

SOOOO..... Right now, the vent is jammed so that only cold air comes out on the driver side. In Saskatchewan last night it was -22.... It's officially winter here. Im officially freezing. It's been 2 weeks and the forecast is to remain somewhat cold.

This really really sucks. I asked nicely for a loaner vehicle, but nadda. Ughh

Warranty covers it, but damn, it REALLY sucks driving wearing a full snow suit with toque and a mitts and having to scrape your windshield from the inside...
This does stink. Unfortunately Ford does not give out loaner cars typically. Only Lincoln does. Remember that it is not the dealerships fault that Ford does not have the part available for them to install. I would try calling Ford and see if they can help you out. 1-800-392-FORD
__________________
Will aka Misfire
2010/2011/2012/2013 Ford Master Certified Service Advisor
2003 LX "traded in"/2010 SES "traded in"/2012 SEL Hatch "current"
misfire is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
dustey
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Fan#: 115978
Location: Lansing, MI
What I Drive: 13 OW SE, 4D, 5M, 201a, MFT, WP, MR

Posts: 31
FF Reputation: 1 dustey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That happens when a car sells really well.

It could be the supplier, also. You never know when the bottleneck is.
dustey is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
lewisra
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 547
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
This does stink. Unfortunately Ford does not give out loaner cars typically. Only Lincoln does. Remember that it is not the dealerships fault that Ford does not have the part available for them to install. I would try calling Ford and see if they can help you out. 1-800-392-FORD
My dealer always does on warranty claims, if my car is kept over night.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 11,639
FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
My dealer always does on warranty claims, if my car is kept over night.
That's up to the dealer, Ford Corporate doesn't cover a loaner or rental car unless the car was covered under rental care as part of the ESP service contract, or possibly under a recall. It's written into the owners guide and warranty guide that tries to disarm people from protesting by saying that Ford and your dealer aren't responsible for any inconvenience caused to you if your car is inoperable and awaiting repairs.

Not saying that's the right thing for them to say but it is what they say.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.