BBK 65mm TB - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
Logrim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119686
What I Drive: 2000 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Logrim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
looks kinda like this setupName:  ford-oem-zetec-thottle-body-kit-for-00-02-ford-focus-zetec-automatic-800x729.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  58.2 KB

OEM part # is XS4U-JE

Last edited by Logrim; 11-03-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: add OEM part #
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #22
Logrim
Focus Enthusiast

here's another question. Will the BBK TB work if I have an auto trans? Or am I screwed? I have been reading about some problems with the TPS compatibility.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
Logrim
Focus Enthusiast

finally got everything installed. Had to order a bracket from CFM for the TB because I have an auto trans. Was not happy with bracket fitment as two of the three mounting holes were off. I did a direct swap of the TPS from my old throttle body after polishing up the TB and everything seemed to fit fine. After the install and reconnecting my battery I let it idle for about 10 minutes and found that the idle was too high. Backed off the idle stop set screw and now it hovers at about 1k rpm, nice and smooth.

After all the trouble and modifying (minor) I do think that the BBK TB is worth it. Very snappy throttle response and car seems much more lively.

Just watch out for all you auto trans owners that want to slap a TB on, it might take some effort.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #24
1988ttop
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120313
What I Drive: 2002, focus zx3, dark grey

FF Reputation: 1 1988ttop Good Standing Member
I am having some issues with this install too. So if you can please shine some light on this…
If I read correctly u where able to use your TPS (Auto), however I read somewhere that the mounting holes on the BBK are for a manual TPS and for that reason you should get a manual TPS and replace the connector on the wire harness because the auto won’t work. Is this true?
Can you post a pic of how it looks now?

Thanx
Old 01-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #25
Logrim
Focus Enthusiast

alright, I will try and get some pics posted this weekend if nobody beats me to it. You will want to use your TPS because of the voltage range set by the TPS clock position, auto or manual. The problem some were having with the auto is that the BBK TB, when ordered from BBK directly, comes with a TPS I believe. The TPS it comes with is for a manual trans; don't know why FORD made them different but they did. So be GENTLE when taking off your TPS from your stock TB!!! I used some very light spritzes of WD40 on the TB shaft when I had the TPS just barely separated, let it penetrate for a few mins then lightly pulled the TPS straight off. DONT WIGGLE IT, cuz the internals are just snap tabbed in. You will want to 'HOG' out your Intake Manifold to port match your new TB. There are some pretty good pics here - http://www.modified.com/projectcars/...us_zx3_part_3/.

Your TPS, if you have an auto trans, will work just fine so long as you take care not to damage it.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #26
Logrim
Focus Enthusiast

Oh, and get the CFM bracket (Central Florida Motorsports) because the auto bracket for throttle linkage wont bolt into the BBK TB. You might have to do some modding too so have a dremel or air grinder handy.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #27
1988ttop
Focus Rookie

I bought the bracket from CFM and it didnt fit correctly, but I got it to fit, did your TB come with screws fot the TPS? mine did but they are to short for the automatic tps so i guess you just bought some?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #28
Logrim
Focus Enthusiast

yep, mine came with some Allen head machine screws and they worked just fine for me on the TPS. I did, however, need to buy new machine screws to mount the throttle linkage bracket to the TB because the old screws arent the right thread pattern. The thread pattern for the OEM manual trans TB throttle linkage bracket and the auto-trans bracket are different, don't know why though? Just hit up your local hardware with the TB in hand and find some that fit, long enough to accomodate the new bracket.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #29
1988ttop
Focus Rookie

I finally got the thing in the car, I had to do some modifications that I didn’t find on any other tread so am going to list them here just in case someone else can benefit from them. First of all my car is a 2002 zx3 with an automatic transmission. I bought the BBK TB (which is made for manual cars only), the TB cable bracket from CFM (holes don’t line up correctly) and a MTX TPS and connector (my harness had a different one). When I first test fitted the part I noticed that the end of the accelerator cable would get stock against the TB so I had to grind down the piece of the TB where the adjustment screw is mounted. I had to beat the bracket with a hammer to make it fit and had to splice the TPS connector onto the cars wiring harness, I read somewhere that the color of the cables should match, mine didn’t, the cables on the car where yellow, white and brown. The cables on the connector that I bought at the junkyard had 2 colors per wire, can’t recall the colors right now. I didn’t find any wiring instructions here so I wired the center with center wire left with left and so on. So far the car idles good and no shifting issues. However if someone knows the right way to wire the cables let me know. Thanks

Now I wonder if the reason why I had such a hardtime getting this to work was because I did everything the wrong way??
Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #30
GhostTribute
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107929
What I Drive: 2001 Mazda Tribute (2.0L Zetec)

FF Reputation: 1 GhostTribute Good Standing Member
Going to have to let a more informed Focus guru step in here and correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't there a throttle body for 1998-2002(.5) models and then another slightly different setup from 2002(.5) and up?

Bookmarks & Social Networks