Originally Posted by copernicium112
You might be surprised. A different drive may do the trick. For some reason v3.6.2 seemed to affect the performance of some drives, even drives that had been used successfully in the past for some (including myself). Case in point, I had a drive I kept in the car full-time that had the delayed reboot on it. I have had it in the car since v3.0.2 and had always used it successfully through versions 3.0.2, 3.2.2, and 3.5.1. Always worked fine. After the v3.6.2 install my delayed reboot stopped working. I deleted delayed reboot, reformatted the drive, and added a fresh copy. Still nothing. I got a new drive and threw the delayed reboot on it and it worked like a charm.
Worth a try. BTW, not sure how it was w/Sync-MyFord but it seems one bad tag can really throw MFT for a loop. If you try a new drive with no success, you might want to try just adding only a few songs on a drive, checking each tag by hand to make sure they are clean, and seeing if it can complete the process on just a handful of songs.
I tried a different drive, one only ever used in the car once to update mft, then wiped it, ran the tracks from the old drive though the sync my iTunes tool, copied all the same tracks back onto the new drive and put it in the car. It didn't automatically crash on reading the drive and built media commands.
Sync with myford didn't care, it would just claim bad media and skip that track, then play it fine the next time if it didn't get stuck on bad meta data.
Mft gave a warning about not being able to play protected media and popped up a warning once about a corrupt track, but it's almost working now. The sync voice commands still only partially work since the car doesn't listen at all half the time.